Chapter 14: Bout that shhh... (L's p.o.v)

Jazz, Ivie, and I where driving to school ta talk to Jazz's report counselor about him graduatin on time, and she also said something about me missing so much school but at this point I don't give a fück...

We pulled up and got out. we walked into the school, jazz and ivie walked hand and hand as I followed behind. We walked into the counselor's office and sat down, Mrs Walker came in with a smile on her face with Miss

Tyrell, Ivie, and I's teacher behind her.

"Hi, how are yall today?" Mrs Walker said

"Good," we said

"I'm going to go over Jazz's situation first, then will get to Ivorie and La'janiece."

"L," I said

"Excuse me?"

"You said my name wrong, so just call me L."

"Ok, I apologize. Shall we get started?" She said with a smile

"Jazz, you're set to graduate in the next 2 months, but with all the school you've been missing, you might not graduate at all,"

"Okay, so all I have to do is start coming to school?"

"Yes, and keep your grades up, of course,"

"Well, Mrs. Walker, I mean in between working, making sure  my sis straight, and my baby on the way, I don't have time for school, and that's being honest. I mean, can I do some classes online?"

"That could be an option, but I'd rather see you in school,"

"Well, that's all I can do right now," He said as he looked at her:

"We'll figure something out, ok?" She said with a reassuring look on her face.

"Now on to you, L," she said as she turned her attention toward me

"What's up?" I said as I put my phone down and looked at her

"Well, why haven't you been coming to school?"

"work, work, and more work and a little free time."

"You and Ivorie both have to either start coming to school or risk termination, fines, and even jail time for your guardians. We tried to get ahold of your mother, but it seems she couldn't be found. "

"I don't have a mother. I take care of my self, if I don't work, I don't eat, so I'm not bout ta stop working at risk of not eating."

"I understand that, but you have ya brother,"

"Ok, yeah, I have him, but that's gonna get tired real quick."

"How about you come live with me for a while?" Miss. Tyrell said

"Huh?" I said as I looked at her

"I have the room and you should b able to be a teen with out having to grow up so fast, all of you should and that offer goes out to all three of you; plus you can save that money to go to college so how bout it?"

"We good," Jazz said

"I'm good, thank you for the offer, though," Ivie said as she held on to jazz's hand.

I sat there thinking as they began to talk.

"I'll do it," I said as I looked at Miss. Tyrell

"Ok," she said with a smile on her face

"But what about my land lord, I'm supposed to give her a couple of months in advance,"

"Don't worry, I'll handle it," she said as she got up to give some papers to Mrs. walker