epilogue

[ epilogue ; ]

After they had landed in Costa Rica, where the rest of the evacuated people had been dropped off, Owen had ridden back to New York with Wanda, Tony, and Clint. He still felt a little star-struck at the fact that he was on Tony Stark's jet, with Tony Stark, but it helped with witnessing the way Stark and Wanda bantered.

"But I sort of feel inferior here, I mean, I have no dinosaur experience at all," Tony pointed out, watching Owen as he and Wanda spoke.

Wanda rolled her eyes. "Well, good. It is about time someone surpassed you at something, Stark."

Tony scoffed. "Oh, c'mon. I mean, yes, he has mastered the ultimate hunting, intelligent raptor . . . but c'mon. Genius, billionaire . . ."

"Doesn't playboy come after that?" Wanda teased.

Tony chuckled, shaking his head to himself. "Not any more. I've been with Pepper for over a year now. There is no more playboy in this body. The philanthropist thing, though, very much intact."

"As we can all tell," Wanda mused. "You really have plans to reopen the park, Tony?"

It was then that Owen decided to insert himself in the conversation. "I mean, it doesn't seem like the greatest idea, coming from someone who was working there."

"Claire worked there, too, and she loved it," Tony pointed out.

Wanda rolled her eyes, but Tony missed it; too busy staring at Owen, expectantly waiting for a comeback. "Claire didn't actually work with the dinosaurs," was what Owen came up with. "She walked around and gave orders to everyone else."

"Speaking as someone in that position, that job is very important," Tony defended.

This time Owen rolled his eyes. "Anyway," Wanda said then, "I do not know if it is a good idea . . . but you said you were going to wait to reopen, correct?"

"Yeah, of course," Tony agreed. "I wouldn't reopen in like a week, or even a month. I need time to work on schematics, and blueprints, and also to hire more people--"

"How long do you think it will take?" Wanda interrupted.

He shrugged, a thoughtful expression crossing his face. "Probably a year. Maybe a little more. It shouldn't be a big deal. It's only a side project."

"What's your main project?" Owen asked.

It wasn't Tony that answered, rather, it was Clint Barton.

"Last I checked," he said, loud enough to be heard, "it was being an Avenger. Because despite the fact that he tried to leave after the situation in Sokovia, he actually is terrible at staying away. I personally think it's because he needs to bother Cap at least twice a day to stay alive."

Tony rolled his eyes as Wanda suppressed a smile and Owen snickered to himself. "Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, Barton."

"I like him," Owen mouthed to Wanda.

Wanda smiled widely at that, and nodded knowingly, as if she had been expecting that to happen. She turned back to Tony then, and opened her mouth, but before she could get anything out, Clint added;

"And you're welcome for waking up in the middle of the night to fly your jet so you wouldn't have to!"

"Can it, Barton," Tony called, looking back to Wanda. "What were you saying?"

"I was going to say that I am glad that you came for me," Wanda said sincerely.

Owen smiled somewhat, as Tony seemed to puff up a bit. "I mean, I am the one that sent you there in the first place. So really," he said as he glanced at Owen, "I probably deserve a thank you from you for you two meeting."

"Oh, right," Owen said sarcastically, though he couldn't suppress his smile as he looked to Wanda. "I'll thank you later . . . probably with a drink."

"I can accept that," Tony nodded. "Perfectly acceptable."

"So what's the plan?" Owen asked then, moving to sit by Wanda.

"Well," Wanda said slowly, "I was hoping you might stick around."

Owen hummed with a smile on his face at that, ignoring Tony's eye roll of feigned disgust. "You know, I think I could manage that."

"Could always use another normal guy on the team," Clint said from the cockpit. "I mean, there are Sam and Rhodey, but they have super suits . . ."

"Yeah, maybe you could be Raptor Man," Tony smirked. "We could get you your remaining raptor and you could, you know . . . alpha it with a clicker, or whatever, and-- that made more sense in my head."

"It actually would be sort of cool," Wanda mused with a half-smile.

Owen just laughed and shook his head. "I think first I'm going to try to get used to being around super heroes . . . then we can talk about my being one. Deal?"

"Deal," Wanda smiled, before tugging him down to her level and giving him a hard kiss.

--

A/N: and so concludes our lovely adventure through my first crossover fanfic! I quite enjoyed it and I hope you did too! As always please let me know what you thought! (: you guys are the best!