Chapter One

Gadreel saw them the second they walked into Asphodel. They hadn't attended previously, but they had been noticed by more than one couple in the club. While the Dom, a woman who went by the name of Ruby, was well-known by many of the locals and several members, her new sub, was a man whom Gadreel had yet to learn the name of. He was also very new to the scene, based on his reactions to what was going on around him.

He frowned when Ruby tugged hard on her sub's leash, hard enough to make him stumble. Gadreel kept an eye on them as they made their way over to one of the couches. Ruby settled her sub into the soft material of the couch and unhooked the leash. The tension immediately bled from him. He was one that preferred leashes. She should have known better.

He turned his attention to Hannah, as she approached him, her head bent and her collar around her neck. "Hello Hannah. Does your Master send a message?"

"Yes, sir. He regrets to inform that he will not be capable of a show this evening. He has been fatigued with a cold these past few weeks and would like to reschedule," Hannah said.

Gadreel nodded. "Of course. Please convey my sincere wishes that he recovers soon, and have him contact me when he is ready to reschedule, it is not a problem at all."

Hannah bowed her head. "Of course, sir. He also said that I was to be at your service since he is unavailable to me tonight."

Gadreel smiled and let his gaze drop down over Hannah's curves on display in the simple outfit. Buttersoft leather pants and a sleeveless tank top. She was beautiful. His gaze drifted back to the sub on the couch. But not what he wanted tonight. "Thank you for the offer, but I will be seeking no entertainment this evening."

Gadreel watched as she bowed her head and retreated. She was not disappointed in his refusal. She was an excellent sub, one of the best in the club, but her collar was a reminder to whom she truly belonged, and she should stay with him.

He placed his drink down on the side table and made his way towards the couches, the crowd parting for him easily. Gadreel stopped when he had a perfect view of both Ruby and her sub where they situated on the couch. They had moved in the last few minutes, her sub now kneeling next to the couch while she reclined, the leash in her hands.

He lifted his fingers and in an instant, another Dom was by his side. "Inias. Inform Ruby that there is an opening for the stage performance tonight. I should be interested to see both her and her sub perform, but I would require an..." Gadreel took a moment to find the word he wanted. "An audition of sorts from them first."

"Yes, sir," Inias said, inclining his head.

Gadreel watched as Inias delivered his message. Ruby's eyes met his a moment later and she nodded at him, accepting his need for an audition.

Gadreel settled in to watch her perform, his eyes moving over to her sub. She yanked on the leash again and he kept his face blank, though he clearly disapproved the harshness of the motion. She had given no order to her sub, yet she punished him for no action.

~!~!~!~

Sam was dizzy and was struggling to focus on the floor in front of him. He'd meant to grab a water bottle before they had left the apartment, but he hadn't had a chance to and Ruby had snapped the damn collar on him before he could tell her what he needed. He took a deep breath and tried not to stumble when she yanked on the leash.

Damn, she should just tell him what he needed to do, then he'd be fine. Her fingertips trailed over his shoulder, digging just the tiniest bit into his shoulder blades, making him shiver.