Chapter 12

*10th grade*

In Math class, I sat next to my only good friend in this class named Alex. He had short brown hair, and eyes almost as soft of a brown as mine were. I impatiently tapped my fingers on my desk, waiting for class to be over. Man, was this class boring.

I look up at the clock; only 5 more minutes until lunch. Alan and I always sat together at lunch in cafeteria 2; the most quiet cafeteria. We always sat by ourselves because we didn't really have that many friends, it was just us.

Alex poked me in the shoulder, and I turned to look at him.

"What?" I ask him.

"Bring your boyfriend into cafeteria 5 with me and my friends," he says. Yes, our school was so big that we needed 5 cafeterias.

I scoff. "Alright, bossy," I say, and he rolls his eyes.

"I didn't want you to argue," he mumbles, and turns his attention to our Math teacher. Our teacher closes the lesson then the bell rings for lunch to start. Alex waits patiently by my desk so I can pack up my stuff to put into my book bag.

Once I pack my stuff up, I put on my black book bag, and walk out of the classroom door with Alex following.

I pull out my phone to text Alan.

"Cafeteria 5 today, babe," I send the text, and watch as he reads it and begins typing.

"Okay, Wolfie ;)," he replies. I roll my eyes, but I can't help but smile.

Alex and I make our way to Cafeteria 5, and we sit down at a table in the middle of the room with a bunch of Alex's friends. Alex sits next to his girlfriend, and I sit next to Alex. I leave an empty seat open next to me for Alan by putting my book bag on it.

"Uh, I can't sit here if your book bag is here, Wolfie," Alan says from behind me. I smile and move my book bag to hang it on the back of my chair.

"Wanna go on a family hunt with me and my mom? We're teaching my little sister how to hunt," he whispered, rolling his eyes.

"Sure," I say, giggling.

Lunch went by with a lot of guys yelling and slapping their hands on the table. I tried to eat my apple, but the noise level coming from all of those guys was so unbearable that I couldn't eat.

Around the end of lunch, Alex's girlfriend turned to look at me strangely.

"You look really familiar," she says.

"I do?" I ask. Out of all the people I could remember, she didn't look familiar to me at all.

"Maybe you look similar to one of the girls on one of the soccer teams I've been on," she says, shrugging. I shrug back and look at Alan.

"That was odd," I say, quietly. He shrugs, and the bell rings to go to next period.

. . .

I walk into the door to my art class, and see that we have a substitute teacher. We are always allowed to talk all class whenever we have a sub for Ms. Patty.

The sub had small glasses on, and long dirty blonde hair. She was a little taller than I was, and skinny. She looked to be around 35.

I sniff the air, casually so nobody will notice, and smell something a little strange, yet different. This classroom didn't always have a funny smell to it. I follow the direction from where the scent is coming from, and it is strongly radiating from the substitute. Maybe she had a weird perfume on?