1

Thanks to LazyExceptWhenEating for so much love and encouraging me to put this book out here!!!

Murphy's law: anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. That is why I've decided my Kurig won't make me one cup of tea this morning. Just one cup. I'm not asking for enough to serve the English parliament. Just one 8oz cup of pre-packaged tea. If I had known this was going to happen, I would have just pulled out my ole' faithful teapot and made it on the stove.

I slapped the machine in a vain attempt of making it behave before giving up and leaving to get dressed. My morning had already been thrown off. I wasn't one who was anal about being on a schedule, but I did need my damn tea.

Resolving to stop at a local coffee shop, I rushed through my morning getting dressed and grabbing a bagel before hurrying out of my studio apartment. I slid down the apartment stair banister before hopping off the pole, striding towards my car. I unlocked my trusty little Volkswagen golf and climbed in while searching with my phone's GPS for the nearest coffee shop. I pulled out of the lot with my destination set. They had better serve tea.

-------------------------------------

"Hi! Thanks for stopping in with us! What can I get started for you?" The barista asked with genuine enthusiasm. Who the hell has that much energy at 7am?

"Uh hi," I replied politely while trying to pull my thick hair back into a ponytail.

"Can I just get a green tea please?" I yanked the ponytail tighter before running my hand along the sides of my head to find if any curls had been missed.

"Loose leaf or bagged" she inquired.

"loose leaf. And can you add some milk, and 2 teaspoons of honey please?"

"Sure thing, it will be right out!" I mumbled my thanks and paid her before moving to take a seat in one of the available chairs.

Sliding my glasses onto my face, I pulled out my textbook so study for my upcoming exam. 6 more months and I will finally be done, I thought excitedly as I opened my book to study.

It had been a long road, but I had graduated from high school early and spent practically every day in school since then on the road to becoming a physical therapist. Studying had been the majority of my college life for the first four years. After getting my bachelors, I decided that I could no longer continue shunning my social life, much to my best friend Wiley's joy. Hanging out with him had been the only breath of fresh air i allowed myself during the first 4 years.

A year into grad school I made a point to attend as many parties as possible without letting my grades slip. I wanted to know what college life could have been like had I taken a moment rest. It turned out to work for my own benefit. I made friends with a girl named Tasha, who had an internship with a veteran's hospital and recommended I do the same. Three weeks into our friendship, we were interning together, and I was finally getting hands on experience in my potential field. Since then, everything had been going well going pretty well. I was 6 months away from graduating with my doctorate and everything. My life was good, except for my stupid Kurig that proved to be a waste of $200.

I looked around the quaint coffee shop at the customers. Everyone was in a relaxed and tranquil state; it was odd to see at a coffee shop. I was used to the workers moving as fast as possible to keep customers moving in and out at quickly and efficiently as possible. Instead, the baristas seem to shuffle slowly but happily as they worked, giving customers the chance to settle in as though they were drinking coffee in their own home's rather than a business that thrived on a fast pace.

A customer at the register caught my eye as I gazed at his tall stature from behind. His crisp business suit was a custom fit, shaping his muscular body perfectly. Curly brown locks grew out and tumbled down in an organized fashion each making one complete ringlet before ending just past the nape of his neck. He looked the most out of place. While we all remained in the casual clothes that fit the feel of the little coffee shop, his appearance looked as though it belonged at Starbucks, sitting in the back seat of a chauffeured car, with the windows up. I refocused on my textbook skimming over the different exercise modalities that we would be quizzed on.

"Green tea with milk and honey!" the barista chimed fifteen minutes into my studying. I waved my hand to signal where I was sitting, too focused on studying to look her way. She brought the drink over to me with napkins before returning to her previous post behind the counter. Timidly, I sipped it, before taking a large gulp moaning in satisfaction. My eyes closed as I held the cup in two hands sipping slowly hoping to make the delicious drink on my tongue last just a little while longer. I heard movement at my table but was too far gone to care.

"Well it certainly has been a long time since I last saw you," a deep voice sounded from across me. I opened my eyes to see a pair of beautiful mahogany brown eyes gazing at me in amusement. I slowly set the cup down in front of my while staring in shock.

He leaned across the table and wrapped a lock of hair around his finger, staring at it as though it was a foreign object while rubbing it between the pads of his fingers. "Your hair was always straightened back then," he mumbled more to himself. He locked his eyes back to my widened ones before smiling. "You didn't wear these back then either," he gripped my glasses from the center before sliding them off of my face, "Now did you, Tiana?"

I blinked a few times shaking myself out of my stupor before looking him up and down to be sure I wasn't imagining this. "Spyros," I breathed his name in awe.

He as he gave me a dazzling smile. "The one and only."

And finally this book is up! The first few chapters are a bit slow so you can meet the cast but then we will get to the fun part. Remember to vote and comment!