6.

A couple photos for all you uncultured swines who won't know what I'm talking about when I talk about Cinderella

A couple photos for all you uncultured swines who won't know what I'm talking about when I talk about Cinderella. The prince was fine as hell and anyone who says otherwise can fight me.

It was all my fault. Every minute that led up to this was entirely on me. Sitting here tucked under his arm I thought of all the different ways I could have handled things that would have put me in a more... desirable situation. One that consisted of my living room, me, Spyros, Brandy starring as Cinderella, Whitney Houston as her fairy Godmother, and the fine as wine Paulo Mantalban as the most attractive Disney Prince to date. Instead, my evening included my living room, myself, Spyros, the only cinderella movie I acknowledge, and four unwelcome, uninvited guest who referred to themselves as Mia, Shondra, Tasha, and of course, dear old Wiley.

The presence of these intruders could have been avoided. I could have ignored Mia's call. I could have not told her who was at my house. When Wiley put himself on the phone, I could have simply said we are watching a movie rather than studying anatomy. I could have ignored the doorbell that rang less than 30 minutes later. Hell, I could have ignored the second doorbell that brought Tasha and Shondra to this party. But I didn't. And now, I'm stuck with a ruined movie night.

I suppressed a scowl as Tasha continued to drill Spyros with questions as her finger twirled around the dense ends of her fresh weave. She wasn't slick. She thought I didn't notice her low key flirting from her spot on the ground. I elbowed Mia who had chosen the seat right next to me. She leaned in closer keeping her eyes locked on the screen. "If this woman don't stop flirting with my man," I mumbled close to her ear, "I swear on her life I'ma tear one of her tracks out." She snorted, covering her mouth as she silently laughed. "Oh you think I'm playing? It's been a while, my hands are gettin that weave whackin itch girl." A full blown belly laugh left her mouth.

Tasha's eyes snapped to us. Narrowing slightly. "Now how are we supposed to hear those movie with you two over hear cacklin' like that?"

"The same way we're supposed to hear it over you runnin your mouth, Tasha." She rolled her eyes opening her mouth to say something smart. "Anybody need anything to drink? Wiley? Shondra? Tasha?" I said cutting her off before she could speak. Spyros coughed into his fist poorly covering his laugh as she glared at me.

"No Tiana, I'm fine thank you."

"You sure? I got water, wine, juice,milk..."

"Hmm is it just me, or did it magically get a little chilly in here" shondra mused.

"Mmmhm," Wiley hummed. "Must be all this unexpected shade."

"Unexpected isn't the word I would use."

"Tell you what guys, I'll just go get us all some drinks, and if anyone is particularly thirsty, then the drink will be out to help control their thirst." I got up heading to the kitchen hearing quiet snickers and heavy footsteps following me.