The letter

I bit my lip. OMG. What the hell was she doing here?, she was only to come here when there was an emergency.
"Ellie just say I'll talk to you later" Shadow ordered.
"Why?" I whispered.
"To make out you're talking to someone, duh" he intoned. I sighed knowing he was right.
"Ellie?" My mother called. I took a deep breath then took my phone out my pocket and put it to my ear. I paced to where my mum was, she was sitting on my couch.
She gave me a suspicious look.
"Alright!, I'll talk to you later" I snapped then pressed the end button. She smiled once I placed the phone back into my phone.
"You have a friend?" She asked. I shook my head "I was uh-talking to dad" I lied hopelessly.
She looked at me suspiciously again then sighed. "You still hear him don't you?" She inquired bitterly.
"Who?" I asked.
"Who do you think I'm talking about?, Father Christmas. Ellie I'm going to the doctors to get tablets for you" she confronted
"I'm perfectly fine mum" I argued
"No you're not. Ellie this ISN'T normal, just admit it you're friend is back" she snapped
"Oh my god!, mum I'm fine" I yelled.
She threw a letter at me. Then walked out my home without a word.
I looked down at the letter on the floor.
Dread took over, what was it?
I read the writing on the envelope.
It read 'mental institution'
I couldn't believe it. What were they wanting me for?, they already did a sanity check two years ago.
I opened it shakily. I don't want to go back to that place. Those people were insane, maybe I was crazy but not to the point I was talking to walls.
I unfolded the letter and read out loud.

Dear Miss Ellie Young,
We are writing to you for your last checkup and for the fact that we would like to send you to one of our universities in America. Near the Nevada desert.
The following has your appointment time and date. We look forward to seeing you.
Time: 1 PM
Date: 28/07/2015

I took a shaky breath, why the hell did they want to send me to a university?

For the first time in a long time I was beyond fear. A cold chill ran down my spine as thought of how creepy it was.
"You'll be okay" I heard Shadow murmur quietly
"I can only hope" I tried to say but a lump had formed in my throat.
I tried to shake my fear so I got up and decided to get something to eat.
I had to at least eat something. I wondered to the kitchen and made myself a sandwich with gammon.
I took it to the couch and switched the TV on. I had to stop worrying so I decided to query Shadow.
"Shadow" I called and I took a bit out of my sandwich.
"Yes?" I heard him ask
"Where are you right now?" I asked politely
"Sitting in my room. Just about to head out" he answered
I took another bit of my sandwich and swallowed it. "Where you going?"
"To my dads office. He wants to talk to me about...finding you"
I almost choked "find me?" I intoned
"Well...yeah. I think you're ready to learn about me and anyway my race, species. Whatever you want to call us, as I said in the past. This connection we have, it's rare and its what makes you be with the person because of all the time you spend learning about the person" he explained.
I remembered the first time he told me that I was his mate as he put it. I freaked out at the word so he hadn't used it since that day.
"So... Where is your planet?, can you find mine?" I asked quietly. I heard him laugh "I know your planet well. I have visited a few times, it's beautiful"
I felt honoured that an alien called my planet beautiful.
"I remember you said you look like a human but more imaginary" I mused as I stated blankly at the TV.
"I am... Kinda human"  He answered awkwardly
"Kinda?" I scrunched my face at the way he said kinda
"Well. I can live for thousands of years" he answered.
I felt shocked, he hadn't told me that before.
"Woah. Wait what age are you right this second?" I inquired
"I'm eighteen. Is that bad?" He asked sounding down.
"No. You're just a year older than me" I told
"Well there's a first. I'm the youngest in my colony" he informed sarcastically
I took another bite of my sandwich as I tried to think, to sort my thoughts out.
"So..." I began "what's it like on your planet?" I asked , feeling like an idiot. In fact that did sound crazy.
"It's just like your planet except... The food I consume is unique" he answered awkwardly. I felt myself shake my head with my what the hell face "unique?" I repeated.
"Well it's different from yours and anyway shouldn't you be relaxing?"
I knew he was deliberately changing the subject
"Wait what-" I began but was interrupted
"I've got to go. I'll talk to you later, okay. Bye Ella" he rushed
"Bye then" I muttered. Now how the hell am I going to relax?, I thought as I stared blankly at the TV.
As the minutes past, I ended up picking up that letter and staring at it.
Why did they want me to go to a university in America?. Don't get me wrong, I do want to study in America but I was thinking Florida not the Nevada.
I then realised one thing on the letter, there was a trademark that made me feel as if my head had exploded.
NASA was on the letter down in the bottom right hand corner.
What the hell did NASA have to do with this?!. They dealt with space stuff not asylums and universities.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone. I have finally finished this part,
I'm so sorry for the wait and can I say. I never thought I'd get five reads never mind fifty reads and I want to thank everyone who is reading this. I'm so grateful that I've got so many reads so thank you so much :) :) :)
I hope you are enjoying my story :)
(And I'm sorry this chapter is a little short. The next should be longer :) )