3: Kidnapped

3 weeks
I don't know how long I've been walking. Maybe 2 weeks? You lose track of time when monsters are chasing after you. The bites are now scars. Nasty looking scars. All this time I couldn't help but think Why didn't I turn? Why haven't I? I've asked those question to myself so any times. I still have no answer. I come to a empty gas station. I grab a stick and bang it against a pole. It made a loud noise. I've learned a lot about these things. Noise attracts them and aim for the head. I take out my gun and wait. I hear cans rattling. Then a figure comes out of the shadows. Shuffling towards me. I aim the gun towards the head. Before I shoot I look at the name tag. "Sorry Robert." I say. The bullet flies out and hits his head. He drops. I walk past him and into the station. I knew this place. Me and Jess used to come here when we where heading to California. Gas, Energy drinks, and Chips were our main concern. I remember I got to hyper from the energy drinks that I threw up and then passed out. I slept for a whole day. Good times. I grab a little bag of chips and put it in my bag. That was just about the only good thing here. I head to the bathroom and instantly look in the mirror. My once blonde Curled hair was now flat and dirty. My face is cut and bleeding and the dirt wasn't helping from getting an infection.
                My tank top is ripped and now looks like a crop top. My Jeans were skidded at the knees. I take out my water bottle and clean the dirt off my face with an old ripped piece from my tank top. Time to get back on the road. My radio, before it died, sent out a message from the CDC saying that they were taking refugees. My map says I had to head east. All the cars were either out of gas or broken down. I was out of luck. I walk out the front door and see a group of Those things heading my way. I better hurry. I run down the road and out of sight. In the distance I see a Mall. It was locked down tight. By who I didn't know. I shouldn't go. CDC is my destination. I decide to find a different path. One where the guard wouldn't see me. The woods. Lots of cover. I walk and keep the Mall in my sight. My feet crunch with every step. I hear other crouching sounds. I stop. "Who's there?" I ask. I continue walking. I hear the crunching louder this time. I speed up to a run. "She's getting away!" I hear a yell. I run faster.  Two guys walk out from behind trees in front of me. I turn around and see three guys coming up behind me. "Hey precious!" A guy with a creepy smile says. I feel a hand grab my arm. "Don't touch me!" I say bringing out my gun and pointing it towards them. "I wish you wouldn't have done that." Another guy says. Someone whistles and a sharp pain hits my head. I fall down. I wasn't unconscious. My vision was blurry and I hear their voices like their far away. Hands grab my up and someone carries me toward the mall. "What's that on her neck?" Someone asks. Oh no! A hand reaches and pulls my hair away. "Dude! She's bit!" He yells.
The guy throws me on the ground. Oof! They point their guns at me. "When did you get bit?" One yells at me. "3 weeks!" I say. "Bullshit. Everyone turns within a few days." Another guy says. "3 weeks I swear!" I say, holding out my leg. "Guys. I believe her. Have you ever seen one if their bites turn into scars?" A guy that was like 3 years older than me. "Shut up Shawn! Your only here cause your dad was a scientist at the CDC." An old guy says. "CDC? That's where I'm going." I tell them. "Good luck cause it burnt down 3 days ago." Shawn says. What? Damn it! "We need to hurry and take her the the Arena! Even if she is bit!" Someone else says. Shawn grabs me up off the ground and walks me towards the mall. "I believe you, but I'm gonna warn you. Don't try anything stupid. These guys will shoot you without hesitation." He whispers. "What about you?" I ask. "I have a plan. I'll come talk to you before they send you Into the arena." He says. "Are you helping me? Why?" I ask. "Let's just say we have something in common." He says. He pulls up his sleeve and shows me a little bit of a bleeding wound. "Your bit?" I ask. "A week ago. Little girl." He says. They open the doors and throw me into a store. I see Shawn lock the door and wink at me. I turn around and see about 15 people. "They caught you too?" A woman asks. I nod. "Let's hope we survive this Arena." A man in his 40's says. "You look like you can fight." A woman in a camo shirt and pants. "Yeah. You can say that." I tell her. "Sergeant LISA. Well it's just Lisa now." She tells me. "Aaliyah." I shake her hand. "Get some sleep Aaliyah. Your gonna need it. They send every new person into the arena. Looks like it's me, you, and Mia over there. Poor girl." Lisa says. I look over and see a girl, not even a teen, sitting on a tire. "So I'll give you some tips later. And I have a plan to help us survive. Even Mia." Lisa tells me. I nod. "Go get some rest. That's an order." She says. I find my way to a mattress. I slowly close my eyes and get some shut eye.