Another Wish Gone Wrong

The girls were still outside, drawing flowers. "What kind of flowers did you draw, Sofia?" asked Jade. "Roses," said Sofia. She showed her drawing of pink and red roses.

"What kind of flowers are you drawing, Jade?" Ruby asked.

"Snapdragons," said Jade. She showed her drawing of pink snapdragons.

"What kind of flowers are you drawing, Ruby?" asked Sofia.

"Lilies," said Ruby.

Ruby showed her drawing of white lilies.

"Wow, they look so real," Jade said.

Suddenly, Sofia let out a sneeze.

"Bless you," Ruby and Jade said.

"Thanks," Sofia sniffled.

"Do you smell Le Amour perfume?" asked Jade.

"Well, I'm not surprised," Hugo sighed.

"The smell is still there?" Sofia sniffled.

Ruby and Jade started to feel like their wish may have backfired a little bit.

"What smell?" Ruby asked.

"Oh, we were going to join you in painting butterflies, but then there was this flash of light," Hugo said. "Now I smell like Amber's perfume."

"And the smell is enchanted, so it won't come off," Sofia sniffled. Then she let out a sneeze.

"Bless you," Hugo said.

Suddenly, Ruby and Jade realized that their wish had backfired.

"You started to magically smell like perfume, which won't come off," Jade gulped.

"Why don't you tell Violet?" Ruby suggested.

"Alright, but even another bath won't get this smell off," Hugo said.

When Sofia and Hugo were gone, Ruby groaned, "Oh, we wished for Sofia to be allergic to Prince Hugo, but we didn't want him to smell like perfume!"

"No, it sounds like it's time to make another wish," Jade said, taking out the amethyst.

Ruby held the amethyst and said, "Okay, I wish Sofia's friend, Prince Hugo, didn't smell like Le Amour perfume anymore."

The amethyst glowed, and the girls were relieved.

"That should do it," Jade said.

But meanwhile, Sofia and Hugo were talking with Violet when another flash of light surrounded Hugo.

"Who's doing this?" Hugo asked.

Suddenly, Sofia let out an even harder sneeze. "Oh, no!" she groaned. "Now you smell like lily perfume—my least favorite smell in the whole world! Can this get any worse?"

Ruby and Jade heard what was happening and realized that their wish had gone wrong.

"Oh, no that's not what we meant," Ruby said. "This amethyst keeps misunderstanding us."

Jade held the amethyst in her hands and said, "I wish Prince Hugo smelled like himself again."

But the amethyst just turned dark blue.

"What just happened?" Ruby asked.

"I don't know," said Jade. They heard Sofia sneeze again.

"Why didn't it work?" Jade asked.

"Maybe we should ask Sofia for help," said Ruby.

"What?" Jade gasped. "If we ask Sofia for help, she'll be mad at us for what we did."

"But if we don't, Prince Hugo will have to take too many baths to get that smell out—he could really scrub his skin off," Ruby pointed out. "We'd better ask Sofia to help us."

Jade really wasn't sure if this was a good idea, but all she could say was, "Okay, let's talk to her."