t h i r t y - n i n e // Dear Diary

Rydel's POV.

Ross has been a mess ever since the the doctors checked on him. Which was two hours ago. He needs to get checked up one more time before he could left.

Riker told me that Zara has to remain in custody but I didn't told Ross yet. Jay went to the police and Rocky, Ratliff & Ryland should come any minute.

"Ross, please talk to me," I begged but he just stared at the ceiling. The door opened and I hugged the first person who came in, which was Rocky. "What's wrong?" He asked me worriedly. "He won't talk to me," I told him sobbing.

Ryland went over to Ross and tried to make him talk but he didn't said a word. The door opened again and the doctor came in. "Mr. Lynch, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked Ross.

He waited for an answer but Ross didn't said anything. "Why wouldn't he talk?" I asked the doctor. "Well, he's shocked from what happened to him and what he saw so it's normal you just need to be patient and wait."

I nodded and Ratliff wrapped an arm around my waist as he pulled me closer to him. "He's free to go," the doctor said before he left. "Come on Ross, let's go home," Rocky said as he pulled him out of his bed.

Ross couldn't walk straight so Rocky helped him.

-

"Ross we need to tell you something," I said nervously as he was looking around the house, probably searching for Zara. He looked at me and I saw the pain in his eyes.

I looked at my brothers and Ratliff. "Listen, Zara has to remain in custody until they found her innocent because it was self defense and they have to ask question all of us, especially you," Rocky explained to Ross.

The front door opened and Riker & Jay came in looking as hurt as all of us. Ross looked miserable so I went over to him and hugged him with all my heart. He didn't hugged back which brought tears to my eyes.

I pulled away and looked into his eyes until he looked at mine as well. Tears brimmed in his eyes and before I knew it he pulled me into a hug.

"The police told us to come tomorrow midday for questions," Riker informed us and we just nodded. "Someone's hungry?" I asked as I stood up. Ratliff raised his hand as well as Jay.

I made them toast and after that we all went to bed.

-

I woke up from a scream. I jumped out off my bed and ran to Ross room where Riker already was. Ross was sweating and trembling. "What happened?" I asked worried as I went to hug him but he flinched and I pulled away.

"Bad dream?" Riker asked as Ratliff, Ryland & Jay came into the room. Ross just nod and turned around. We all left back to our rooms and went back to sleep.

Ross' POV.

After they left I went to Zara's room and looked out of the window. It was around 5 in the morning and I didn't wanted to sleep anymore.

Her bed was still untouched and her phone laid on her night stand.

Next to her phone was a little book. I debate on either open it or not. I grabbed it and read the first page.

4th October 2014

Dear Diary,
So, I found this empty book somewhere in my room so I thought 'why not using it as a diary?'
Anyways, here it goes!
My Mom & Dad are fighting again. This time it's baaad because Mom told Dad that she's pregnant. I'm really scared right now and I think Mom is coming upstairs so I gotta go!

I skipped a few pages and continued reading.

8th May 2015

Dear Diary,
Well, I have a brother now. His name is Jason but there is a problem because he has down syndrome and no hands. I was scared when I saw him first and it's really hard but he's still my brother no matter what, I will love him. Mom is kinda mad because she thinks it's Dad's fault. I yelled at her because she kept saying bad things to Jason and she hit me several times. I'm so scared!

You have no idea how much I want to huge her right now. No one was there for her through the years until she came to us.

31st May 2015

Dear Diary,
Mom left. She beat me up and left. My nose is bleeding and I have a few bruises. (I covered them up with make up) I can't believe that my Mom left, I mean Jason is her son why would she leave because he has a handicap? I'm glad she left though.

The next few pages where when she first met us. Let's see what she thought about us.

5th June 2015

Dear Diary,
Dad send me to a family with six kids! They aren't even kids anymore! I like the girl, named Rydel she's so nice and sweet. The boys didn't really talked with me but I don't care about them.

Yea well, that was the beginning and it was true, we really didn't talked to her because Rocky had to beat Ryland as we played video games.

6th June 2015

Dear Diary,
Yesterday, the boys and Rydel all tackled me and it was just so much fun! I already love it here! I was skeptical at first but now I really like them.

Same day

Okay, I just saw something which I never wanted to see. I saw my Mom and she was with Mark! We were skating and I saw them holding hands. I can't tell anyone that!
Besides that, the day has been awesome because we went skating and Ross helped me a lot. He's my favorite, excluding Rydel ;D
When we took a break Ross was skating and it looked like he tried to impress me...Nah!

21st June 2015

Dear Diary,
WHAT THE FUCK! I just cam back from our new house and when Ryland went to go check on everyone else...Ross came to me and we had a paint fight. It was really fun but when I slipped he was on top of me and kissed me!
I was so shocked! I ignored him for the rest of the day, not knowing what to do because I have to admit that I felt something!

Aww that's cute! Well now I just skip farther because it isn't that much interesting from now. I skipped the pages when I cheated and when she lived with her mother. I stopped at the day I got kidnapped...

____________

I probably won't be updating for a week since I'm going on holidays and Idk if I'll have wifi.