Chapter 29 - Alone

*Skye's P.O.V.*

"Come on, just give me a chance!"

"Why? Every time things are going fine you always find a way to screw things up" I told him.

"No, I don't!" Niall argued.

"Yes, you do!"

"I know" he sighed in defeat.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it" he mumbled.

"Why not? I can't help you if you don't tell me"

"I just don't like talking about it" he confessed, avoiding eye contact.

"Just tell me"

He sighed before finally telling me.

*Niall's P.O.V.*
Flashback:

"Hey Alicia" I said after opening the front door. Ignoring her uneasy expression, I led her upstairs to my room. We've been dating for over two years, if anyone knows how to cheer her up, it's me.

"Niall, we need to talk"

"I know! Prom is coming up in a few months and I was wondering if you wanted to go or if you wanted to do something else"

"Please stop talking"

"So is that a no or a yes?" I asked. She rolled her eyes at me before responding.

"I never loved you"

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"I never loved you" she repeated.

"But- what about- but" I stammered.

"I've been using you to make Nathan jealous"

"For two years?!"

"Nathan was never single! He always had a girlfriend!" She defended.

"And that makes it any better?! You used me so you could date one of my best friends!"

"Yeah, we've sorta been secretly dating for the past few weeks" she confessed.

"What?!"

"I was waiting for the right moment to break up with you"

"How about before you started dating Nathan?!"

"I'm sorry" she said, raising her hands in defense.

"No, you're not! 'Cause if you were you wouldn't have done it! You wouldn't have pretended to love me for over two years, trying to make Nathan, who clearly doesn't give a shit about you, jealous! If you were sorry you wouldn't have been able to go through with it for two years!"

"What is your problem?!"

"WHAT IS MY PROBLEM? WHAT IS MY PROBLEM? EXCUSE ME FOR BEING UPSET THAT MY SKANK OF A GIRLFRIEND HAS BEEN USING ME FOR OVER TWO YEARS AND HAS ALSO BEEN CHEATING ON ME!"

"Niall, you're acting crazy"

"AM I? AM I ACTING CRAZY ALICIA? BECAUSE I THINK I'M ACTING HOW ANY NORMAL PERSON WOULD ACT IF THEY WERE IN MY POSITION RIGHT NOW!"

"God, you're so dramatic!" She scoffed.

"I'M DRAMATIC? HOW AM I BEING DRAMATIC?"

"Just get over it! It's over Niall. I never loved you and I'm pretty sure you never loved me" she said, turning to leave.

"That's not true!" I called out after her.

"It doesn't matter. It's not going to make me feel and differently. I never loved you and I never will love you" she replied before she left.

End of flashback
*Skye's P.O.V.*

"That's kind of why I tend to push people who care about me, or claim to, away from me, 'cause I don't ever wanna feel that way again" he explained.

"I'm sorry Niall, I had no idea" I said, extending my arms to pull him in for a hug.

"No, don't touch me" he said, pushing me away.

"Come on Nialler, you know you want a hug" I said, trying to hug him while he swatted my arms away from him.

"Fine" he chuckled, giving in and giving me a hug.

"Look Niall, I didn't realize how bad your breakup with Alicia was. I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I'll give you another chance"

"Thanks" he shyly replied.

"Just try not to screw it up" I joked, playfully punched his arm.

"I'll try" he promised, smiling shyly at the ground.
__________________________

(A/N)

I can't believe Theo is already 2!!!! What the fuck?!

💋 -TVo