Fifty-five

"Ashton Irwin." Chaselyn said quickly to the lady behind the desk. "What are you to him if I may ask?" The lady said, glaring at all three of them.

"Wife. He's his brother, and that's his sister." Chaselyn lied, knowing it was the only way that they'll let them in at this late hour. The lady only nodded and pointed to the direction that Ashton's hospital room was in.

Michael slowly opened the door, letting Chaselyn in first. All the wires that surrounded Ashton scared them all. But the countless beeping coming from the monitor meant that he was okay, that he's still alive and breathing.

"Ashton?" Chaselyn mumbled, gripping his hand and softly kissing it. "Ashton please don't die, not like this." She whispered as a tear slipped down her cheek.

"I'm not dying Chaselyn." Ashton's voice was slow and soft sounding. His eyes fluttered open and he tried to smile but simply couldn't. "The other people.. Are they alright?" Ashton questioned.

"One of them died, you and someone else are just injured." Michael said to ashton and he nodded.

"Do me a favor Michael, go find out who died." Ashton whispered. "I just need to know."

Michael nodded and grabbed Sabrina's hand leading her out of the room. Ashton turned to face Chaselyn. Her brown eyes staring back at his hazel ones. "Even when you're crying you're beautiful." He said to her, and she smiled.

"Even when you're hooked up to a bunch of machines, beat up, you're still the most beautifulest person to me."

He pulled the energy to smile at her. Chaselyn glanced at his lips for a moment. Even though they were slightly cut they still looked just as kissable to her. "Ashton?" She questioned.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

He smiles, "I love you too, this just wasn't the way I wanted to say it."