-- Prologue --

( A/N: Warning! This story holds not only hetalia characters but also a 2p! version of a certain someone as well and will have blood and such mentioned in it. If you can't handle it, please don't read, but otherwise, do please enjoy~ )

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Why. Why did it hurt so much?

Her lungs burned white-hot with fatigue, her feet were raw and nearly bleeding, but she knew she had to keep running. There was drying blood matting down her blond hair as she took shuddering breaths, hearing her heart racing madly in her chest as her green eyes ticked to somewhere behind her.

She had to run.

HE would kill her. That madman; That psycho.

Everything was dark and she was running blindly, just trying to find the one way out, but it was like a endless winding maze. Fists pounded on the cement wall, as if it would give her an answer or an easy way out, but nothing asides silence answered her. This wasn't fair. Why her, and why now?! He'd seemed so nice; charming even.

Now she was here and she wanted out.

Then, a sound started slowly becoming apparent in the echoing darkness around her, filling it and making her ears ring. Grating. Metal against concrete made to reverberate in the air like a symphony. Abruptly it then stopped all at once, without any warning, only to be filled with the sound of oncoming footsteps. "....I know you're down here, poppet~! Do come on out and play. We could have so much fun~" HIS voice filled the air around her, almost wrapping around her throat and suffocating her with fear. It was enough to cause her to bolt forwards again, feet burning and lungs nearly bursting with agony once again, turning a corner and stumbling up some steps before rounding another corner. Surely it was safe here. There were no more footsteps or so much as a sound to be heard, like this place she was in, was dead to the world.

She wanted her life back. Not this.

It was for this that she waited again, the silence ticking onward but no sign of life could be seen or heard.

Starting forwards again, she wiped blood from her cheek and bolted down the hallway, feet nearly slipping on the slick surface, and that was when she saw it. Slivers of sunlight behind the semi-closed door. An exit! Running faster, she extended a hand out toward it, trying to desperately touch the rays of sunshine that peeked through the opening. Ten feet.... eight feet... five...

S L A M.

The door slammed shut all at once and she froze instantaneously, freezing up and stepping back. Was it HIM? How...?

"...'ello, love! Naughty, naughty, aren't we?"

"No.... please..."

His smile widened, his form emerging from the darkness as if he'd there all this time. A crooked grin edged on the corners of his lips, unnatural eyes holding a strange glow to them in the dim light. She made to back up away from him again, but her feet caught on the slick substance on the floor and caused her to lose her footing as she crashed to the ground. "...I told you not to run and you disobeyed. Very, VERY naughty girl you are." Disappointment clear in his voice and her head was buzzing, unable to move out of fear as he approached. "I can be a merciful lad, I can. You were fun though." He knelt down before her, those eyes staring quietly at her as the grin edged to a smile almost innocent and ever-so sweet. "...You'll be able to help me with my cupcakes! I have a new recipe I want to try~!"

Like a trick of the light, that smile cracked again, becoming almost manic. "P-Please.. you don't have to... please don't..." Her voice cracked, trying to reach for him, to make him stop.  There was no answer, but only his laughter as he brought the knife down, splattering the wall with red. SO much red that it drowned out every other color around it.

Lovely. So lovely. These cupcakes would turn out wonderfully now, wouldn't they?