Chapter 4 -- The search.

What was he supposed to do now?

Five-thirty in the morning and the sun hadn't even risen yet. It was enough to have Arthur exhale a bit of an exhausted sigh and run fingers through his hair, leaning back into the couch and unable to get the images of that nightmare out of his head. It had been so vivid and clear; perhaps that was why it bothered him so much, or even that Kou had been calling him a 'murderer'. He didn't get that one bit, chalking it off on the nightmare being just what it was and moving to stand up, brushing off his clothes and stretching a little as his body felt a little stiff.

Alfred always teased that he was 'getting old' from time to time, prompting a bit of a smack to the other blond's head afterward. He was still a young man and as such, he wanted to be treated like one, even if sometimes he did have some odd tendencies. Even Antonio, one of Francis' friends, said he acted too old as well, just because he loved to do things like knitting and crocheting. Really, he didn't get what was wrong with it, scowling at the thought as he moved to look at himself in his bedroom mirror blearily. His blond hair was a tousled mess and there were faint bags under his eyes, making him touch fingers against them with a small sigh before dropping his hand and turning to head to the bathroom as he figured maybe a shower would just help get his mind off of things, and especially that damnable nightmare.

In about five minutes then had one! Arthur Kirkland in the shower, letting the water run over his skin with a relieved, content smile on his face. "It's just a bloody nightmare..." Really. Then why couldn't he stop thinking about it? Fingers moved to splay onto the porcelain-tiled wall in front of him, letting it draw pictures only he could see absently before he stopped himself and drew it back and instead contented himself with shampooing and conditioning his hair. Pushing all negative things back away to the furthest recesses of his mind once more, he made to finish with his shower, only managing to wrap the towel around his waist when he heard his phone going off in the bedroom. Something which made him jump a little, nearly slipping on the floor as he scrambled out of the bathroom and into his room as fast as he could, frowning a bit but nonetheless picking up the phone to answer it before it stopped ringing. "Hello?"

"Arthur? Nihao! it's me, Mei.."

All at once, the scowl disappeared off of his face and he smiled gently, even if she wouldn't be able to see it as he moved to sit on the bed. "Oh! Hello, Mei. How are you?" Fondness filled his voice, glad for some kind of distraction. Anything was better than the negative things weighing down on him at the moment. "Aaah... not so good. Would I be able to see you sometime right away?" It was the frantic tone of her voice that caught his attention next, hesitating briefly for a few seconds.

"Hmm? Yeah! Of course. Is everything alright..?"

She was quiet for a moment, her voice soft and hesitant when she spoke again; "I'll tell you when I get there. I'll come see you at the bakery.... i'm sorry if this is too early..." If it had been anyone else, he really would have commented on that part, seeing as it WAS only a little bit after six in the morning, but seeing as she did sound urgent, Arthur caved in and accepted, following up even with an apology which seemed to make her giggle a slight bit. "...Alright. Be there in a few." She hung up after that and he swiped the screen on his phone to end the call for him as well, stretching a bit and realizing that he was still not even dressed; a fact that had the brit flush a bit before he moved to hurry and get himself changed into some more casual clothes. Today was a day off for him after all, this being the one day the bakery was actually closed, needing at least one day a week to recuperate from his otherwise busy schedule, so really. The timing worked out that he could speak with her without the worry that he wouldn't be able to get things ready for work on time, fingers running through his messy, damp blond hair as he headed downstairs and toward the front of the bakery.  Just outside of it, waiting at the front door patiently was none other than Mei herself, a young taiwanese girl with long, lovely brown hair with a long, strange curl sticking from it. She had bright, golden-brown eyes and dressed in a light pink, chinese-style dress that had subtle frills at the ends.