Promise Me (Zayn Malik)

WARNING: SELF HARM

(y/n pov)

The razor lay on the floor, blood gently resting underneath. I was back to it again. Cutting. I glanced down at my arm; deep cuts allowed thick blood to run off my skin. I sat in silence on the cold bathroom floor, back against the bath, head bent in shame at my actions. ‘What am I doing to myself?’ I thought. I’d cut before but Zayn stopped me, helped me through everything and proved I was better than that. All I could think of was what he would think when he saw my arm. He’d be so disappointed. I cried harder when I the thought of disappointing Zayn came in to contact of my mind. That was the last thing I ever wanted to do to him, especially after everything he’d done for me. I stayed on the floor, glued to the spot where I had been bent for hours now, to weak to move.

(Z’s pov)

Only one more hour until I would be home. I was so excited to see (y/n). She’d been on my mind the whole time I’d been away and now we were coming home a week earlier than planned and she had no idea. I couldn’t wait to surprise her. I had planned the whole night in my head. I would cook her a meal, we’d cuddle up after and watch a film, and then we’d go to bed. Not that we’d be sleeping soon after but what can I say, I have needs.

The car pulled into my road, and I could see our house at the end. A huge smile dragged across my face at the thought that (y/n) was now just a few meters away. The fact she would be in my arms any moment now made me open the door of the car before it had even pulled to a stop. I thanked the driver quickly before bounding up the path and jamming the key in the lock, turning it smoothly and shoving the door open. I scanned the downstairs space for (y/n), but I couldn’t see her. Guessing she was upstairs I climbed up quickly, my feet hurrying at a rapid pace to see my beautiful girl. I kicked our bedroom door open, dropping my bags as I saw her, but this was not what I imagined seeing.

(y/n pov)

“Babe?” I tuned round quickly, gathering the speed of a hurricane as I leapt to the bathroom door, slamming it roughly in Zayn’s face. ‘What was he doing home now? He’s a week early.’ My body panicked as thoughts ran my mind on how he had seen me. “What are you doing home so early?” I tried to steady my voice, closing my eyes tightly to stop more tears escaping. “Open the door,” his voice stern and hard, not the usual bubbly yet smouldering tone, “Now.” With his last word I unlatched it and let it swing open. I stood there, not saying anything whilst tears dripped silently down my cheeks.

(Z’s pov)

I was speechless when I saw her in front of me. I just looked at her body. Broken. Fragile. Scared. Small. Her eyes were red and puffy; a catch in her throat echoed the silent room as she regained breath from her crying. I was so sure she had stopped. Averting my gaze from her face, my eyes settled on her arm. The cuts were deep. Deeper than they had been before. I heard her quiet voice emerge from the silence, “I’m so sorry.” She gulped the words as though she could barely afford to say them. I walked over to her, not murmuring a word as I picked up her arm, limp and lifeless like the rest of her cold body.

(y/n pov)

I could feel Zayn’s dark eyes burning deep into me. He was watching every move I did. His warm hands picked up my arm, shielding my cuts from the outside, encasing them. He lifted my arm to his face and kissed it. I winced at the pain it bought from his sensitive touch. He gently let go and kept my arms to the side of my body. Turning around he grabbed the first aid kit and led me out to the bedroom and placed me on the side of the bed, extending my arm so it lay in front of him. His legs crossed as he hit the floor, his tall frame toppling to cease to my needs. His delicate hands dragged a cool washcloth over my arm, absorbing the blood as it ran. He placed a bandaged over each individual scar and kissed each one lightly, his lips lingering for no more than a second.

(z’s pov)

I stood up and sat next to her on the bed. Reaching out my hand I cupped her small face and turned it slowly so our eyesight lined up. “Please don’t start this again baby, I hate seeing what this does to you.” My voice was lowered and turned into a hushed whisper so she couldn’t hear the knot in my throat. I leaned further back and pulled her with me, closing my arms around her little frame and burrowing my head into her hair, inhaling her sweet scent. I allowed tears to drip into her hair. “Please promise me you won’t do this again,” I tilted her head to fix gaze again.

“Promise me,” my voice still quiet in her ear.

(y/n pov)

I looked at his sheltered emotions. His eyes dark with pain and hurt. Sadness and worry overtaking them. I nestled further into his chest, breaking our gaze for a second before turning over and capturing it again. “I promise, for you I promise.” His arms wrapped tighter around my body and he kissed the top of my head. “I love you Zayn, I really am sorry,” I dipped my head again, too ashamed to look at him. Suddenly his soft voice ran out again, gracing my ears. “I love you too (y/n).” He lifted my chin up till our faces were close enough to feel each other’s breath. His lips clamped on mine, heating the kiss a little before pulling away, soft and gently. I closed my eyes and snuggled into his warm open chest. I was so lucky to have Zayn.

CREDITS: http://lust4larry.tumblr.com/