Just hanging ;)

The weekend is spent with my dad, doing nothing of great importance. My parents split when I was at a young age so I live with my mum and spend the weekend with my dad, occasionally.

I think about Liam, a lot. I wish that I had his phone number, or Facebook, or something so I could talk to him in this time of boredom. I hope things won’t be awkward at school after what we did on Friday.

It’s now Monday- the worst day of the week but the thought of seeing Liam has made it a little more bearable to get out of bed and face school.

Classes drag on as I overthink the situation with Liam. Will he wanna hang out with me again, like on Friday? I sure hope so otherwise I will have to hang out with what I like to call the ‘outcast’ group. I would so much rather sit with Liam and his friends, they were all so nice to me last lunch even though they didn’t know me.

Chemistry and Math, then finally lunch! After grabbing chocolate milk from the canteen to have with my sandwich, I sit down with the usual people. After a through thinking I decide that I will not make the move to go hang out with him this lunch; he probably would like to hang out with his other friends and have ‘guy’ talk.

Pushing my way through the large crowd to get up the stairs for class someone grabs my hand and pulls me back out of the crowd. I turn around to come face to face with Liam.

“What? I have to get to class,” I ask but then realise it sounded rude.

“Oh, it’s just… Did I do something wrong? You sound upset with me?” Liam questions, sounding hurt from the way I abruptly questioned him.

“No, no. I just didn’t sleep well last night. Sorry. What is the matter?”

“I understand. I just wanted to tell you that you can sit with us at lunch times if you like. I know you probably want to hang out with your other friends but I am just saying you’re welcome at our table too,” Liam says smiling down at me.

“Thanks,” I answer coolly but I sure don’t feel cool on the inside, I am so happy he asked me! “I might pop by next lunch.”

“Okay, well see you,” he bid waving before going in the opposite direction of where I was heading. The stairs were now empty and I hoped class hadn’t started already, I hate walking in late.

I skip going over to the ‘outcast’ table but rather head straight over to where Liam is, not caring if I looked keen to hang out with him.

We greet each other with a little hug. “We are going to go hang out on the field. Want to come out?”

“Yeah, why not,” I say and we start walking out towards the oval. “You guys come out here often?”

“Yeah, sometimes,” Liam’s friend answers.

“Oh, I am sorry. What are your names?” I laugh but am actually blushing. How could I forget to as such a simple question?

Liam only has a few friends so it will be easy to remember their names, though I am good at remembering names. I usually know everybody’s names but hardly anybody knows, or wants to know mine.

There is Angus, the one who took the picture from yesterday. Then there is Thomas whose girlfriend is Blair. And lastly you have Charlie, who is probably the cutest of the lot… Apart from Liam, of course.

We sit on the ground for a few minutes; they mostly talk while I listen. They try and join me into the conversation as much as possible and ask me questions. Blair and Thomas make out a lot, they don’t really talk much. It is kind of gross and off-putting but the others seem use to it, though sometimes they make remarks to them. Angus asks if I can yet prove that I am not innocent so I tell them about me skipping school. They say it is a start, but not that ‘bad assed.’

Breaking away from Blair, Thomas pulls a football out of his bag. “Who wants to play?” he asks holding it up in the air.

Angus and Charlie both jump to a stand, along with Thomas. “Are you coming Liam? We need even numbers…”

Liam looks to me. “I’ll be fine. Blair will keep me company, won’t you?” I question her.

“Yeah, Ellie and I can get to know each other a little better,” she says with a wink.

“Okay,” Liam says reluctantly and joins the boys who have already started playing on the large open area.  

“I have to ask,” Blair says as we sit in the shade watching the guys.

“Ask what?” Now she is scaring me.

“Are you and Liam together? We keep asking him but he just won’t say anything on the matter,” she says looking at me curiously.

“Like dating? No!” I laugh. “Why would you think that?”

“Oh he just seems VERY friendly with you, if you know what I mean. Haven’t you noticed?” I suppose he does touch me a lot- hugs, holding my hand, touching my arm or shoulder or back.

“I guess, but he is simply being friendly. I don’t think he is flirting with me,” I say and the conversation stops as I think about this fact until the bell signals class. The boys come jogging back over to where we are sitting.

Thomas and Blair say a quick goodbye and walk of together hand in hand, Angus and Charlie don’t even say goodbye to either Liam or I as Angus declared a race to class. Liam and I pick up our belongings without a word to each other and start heading off in the general direction to class.

“Did you have a good time?” Liam asks.

“Oh yeah, usually lunches are so boring with the people I hang out with,” I say looking at my shoes as I walk, hope I don’t run into any poles.

“People? You mean your friends?”

“Oh, well they aren’t really friends,” I say, reluctant to explain the situation with him, but I end up doing it quickly anyway. Before Liam gets to give me sympathy and pity I cut him off and tell him I have to go to class, and point in the direction of the room. Instead of saying anything he pulls me into a tender embrace.

“Break it up,” a teacher says as they walk past.

I immediately try and pull away from Liam but he holds on and whispers quietly into my ear. “You’re welcome to sit with us as often as you like,” and then he lets go and walks away to his class.

********

Ok, I hope that is all in the same tense :/ Couldnt sleep, so I wrote. :D I have a billion other things I could do but I wrote...Expect another part before school goes back, maybe.  Enjoy xx