Chapter Sixteen | Trapped

[AUTHORS NOTE]

New, official trailer for Legacy can be found here and the link is also on my message board: http://youtu.be/rm_qTZcoGAs
It won't add to the chapter, so there's the link! ALSO if you like Divergent, check out Concealed: Shatter Reality! The first chapter will be up tomorrow!

Stay classy, and enjoy!

___________

The smoke had been so thick, she had run ahead of the others-- it wasn't even for long. She had run in the same direction that they had been going in the first place. And since the smoke and gases had been so thick, she had assumed that they were still right behind her. It wasn't until Quinn came face to face with peacekeepers with gas masks, with their guns raised at her and she didn't hear Boggs barking any commands at her, that's she knew she was either far ahead, or had gotten completely turned around. Quinn hadn't had to use her gun on anything but a target, and at first she had felt like she was going to puke and she could feel her hands getting clammy around the gun. But then it just took  one of them to begin firing into the gas behind her, assuming that she was just in front of the others. She hoped that they were far enough behind her, and when she didn't hear anything behind her, she knew she was nowhere near them. She had raised her gun, but she knew for a fact she was alone, and they weren't.

She had stood there, not very long, but she had stood there-- staring at them through her scope which was practically pointless. And after a few rounds, the few of them who had been firing blindly into the gas knew that it was pointless too.

And now there she was. Her armor confiscated, and put in dull clothes and put in a cell in the revised Tribute Center. The cell was small, there weren't any windows. But there was a screen split in half, on one side it had the usual Capitol symbol. On the other half, was footage of a room. It was almost like the prep room before tributes met with a stylist. On the metal bed had straps added to it, and on one side of it was a chair. It looked threatening, because by the looks of it, there was no escaping it. Then the door into the cell had a window at eye level, and then a slit for things to be passed through.

Quinn hadn't moved from her spot at the back wall. She hadn't sat down, she hadn't passed. All she could do was stand there, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. She had to keep telling herself that this was what the rebels were fighting against, and telling them, or doing anything for them would just,are things worse. She knew that Coin was planning an evacuation of the Victors-- Quinn had to be added to that list now, right? She was there, but then again she didn't even know if Thirteen knew she was there. For all Quinn knew, the hovercraft had been shot down as soon as they left.

No it didn't, she thought to herself, they got back fine. She had to keep telling herself that, because the thought of the entire team being lost, and Coleman and Isabella dying because she wanted to go there even after she was told it wasn't safe was too much. And it made her sick to her stomach to think that they died because of her.  It takes everything to keep her mind from getting all mixed up again.

My name is Quinn Maverick, I won the seventy-third Hunger Games. Snow hates me. I ran away to Thirteen. I went back to the Capitol. I almost died in the quarter quell. Otto died in District Eight during the first propo. I went back to Four with a group. I got caught.

Quinn let out a long, heavy sigh as she repeated her list in her head a few times. She was past the point of even trying to fight them now, she had no chance now that she was completely alone and with no weapon. Quinn made her way over to the door, the window on the door was a bit too high for her to see through without being on her tip-toes.

On the other side of the door was a hallway, and resembled the compound a bit in the way there were heavy doors to different rooms. She couldn't see anyone else though, for all she knew all of the other Victors were already dead. She quickly too a step back when she heard the lock on the door click. She didn't dare open the door herself, if she had learned anything in the training in thirteen before she got kicked out-- it was that the Capitol had plenty of tricks to try. After a moment, the door slid open, and a man in a peacekeeper uniform stood in the door way. He took only a few steps into the room before grabbing her arm and giving her a small shove out of the room with a tight grip still on her arm.

Quinn tried to look into the other cells, but she couldn't get a good look into the room. She was brought to the end of the hallway, and then into a larger room. The one with the bed and chair from the screen. In the room, looking at the machine between the bed and chair was a woman with brown hair, and she wore white clothes, like an Avox would. But she was a badge on her chest. Then in the very back of the room, there were shelves and shelves of different viles. A younger man was putting some onto a cart and brought them over to the bed.

"Okay," she sighed, "Let's get her hooked up and get it over with." she stated, as she patter the metal bed before turning towards the cart that had been brought over to her.

Quinn felt like her entire body turned to stone, and was glued to the floor. Her throat felt dry, and even though she refused to move and and began pushing away from what ever they were planning on doing and was leaning against the peacekeeper who had brought her there-- it wasn't that difficult to get her to move. She couldn't make herself do anything, it was like she was some sort of doll.

"It'll be quick, Ms. Maverick," the woman stated. Her voice was soft, and sounded kind. "About time you're finally relieved of those lies that you got from those radicals." her voice spit out the word radicals like it was poisonous.

"What lies?" Quinn retorted coldly as the woman's assistant began to pull straps over her legs. "They aren't the liars."