Chapter 19

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with Adrian.I didn't want to go to home and neither did he so we just hung out.We ended up going to a few stores and goofing off.Its surprising how much a person can change when they're not around people that drag them down.Adrian scratched the back off his neck and looked down at me."Thanks for today...I h-had fun."I smiled and nodded my head."Same."I looked up and saw Adrian look away.What's he so nervous about?I felt my phone vibrate and I looked down to see I had a text from Hannah."You can go ahead and answer it if you want.It doesn't bother me."I nodded my head and looked at it.

Where the hell you at?Your dad told me you ran away but he had a date.He's a dumb ass for attending the date and not looking for you.

-Hannah

Of course he went on his date.He's turning out exactly like my mother and it hurts.

Don't worry about me.I'll be at school Monday.I promise.I gtg I'm hanging out with someone.Sorry.Love you.

-Lucasta

I sighed and put my phone in my pocket "If you want, you can go hang out with Hannah.It doesn't bother me.""No its fine.I like hanging out with you."I felt a blush appear on my cheeks and I looked away."Good.You better."I could hear the joking and the laughter in his voice.I put my hand on my chest and acted dramatically surprised and said," What's that supposed to mean?"Adrian laughed."Its weird.""What is?""I'm usually all tough and mean when I'm around my gang.But, with you...I just...""Act all cool and calm?Not on edge?""Well, when you're in a gang, people follow you around because they want you dead."I looked at the ground."Then, leave the gang.I mean...if you don't want people to follow you around.""Well, they still would.I would have to fight my way out and people would try to kill me everyday no matter where I go.Plus, this is the only way to know for sure that my dads safe."I looked up at him in confusement."My dad killed a leader of one of the toughest gangs.I feel like the only way to grant him safety is to be able to kick ass.""Oh.I guess that makes sense.""Its probably a bad idea to even talk to you.""Why?""I don't know whose watching me.I could get you killed by just looking at you.The gang will kill anyone I even look at because they have it in their minds that its better to get rid of everyone I know.That's why I like talking with you.I feel like I have nothing to worry about.You don't try to hurt anyone.Well, it seems that way anyways."I nodded my head.Adrian looked me in the eyes.I smiled and he bent down a little and pressed his forehead to mine."Wh-What are y-you d-do-doing?""Can I kiss you?"I was speachless.Why would he want to kiss me?We barely know each other.I gulped but slowly nodded my head.