Chapter 13

Caroline's POV

TWO DAYS LATER.

The last couple of days I'd been home. I haven't been with anyone except my mom, so now I'd decided to go for a walk. There was a lot of snow, but I just took some boots and a warm jacket on.

It was a little late but I just wanted to take a little walk before coming home and go to bed. I walked out to my car and started to drove. When I was at the park, I parked my car and started to walk around.

It has been first the last couple of days, and it was really cold now. There was risk of ice everywhere and the snow was so white and really cold! There had never been so much snow in Mystic Falls and all the children was out playing. From time to another a snowball hit me, but I just laughed and kept walking.

About a half hour after I'd walked so long that I was starting to getting out near the woods. Well, I could hope that Stefan was out hunting. If he was I would hear him and then find him.

10 minutes later I could hear something. It sounded like an animal, so I didn't rally care. Two second after a bunny ran out and just past me. I looked forward again, just to get a chock. A person ran after the bunny, and got it. I knew it was Stefan and I smiled while he killed the bunny. Dead bunny or hungry Stefan.

"Stefan!"

I said smiling. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey Caroline. What are you doing out here? At this time"

He asked. Okay, it was late and I was a little bit happy that it was Stefan I had met out in the woods right now. I just wanted to go for a walk and then it took a little longer than the plan.

"I don't know.. But, are you on you're way home?"

I asked. I was lucky if he was, but i didn't guess so.

"No, sorry.. I'm going to pick up some blood banks from the hospital on my way home, so.."

I looked at me. I nod.

"Okay?. But I think you should go home.. It's late and Katherine is in the town and... Yeah.."

He said.

"Sure.. I was on my way.. I'm just going home now then.."

I smiled. He nod.

"See you!"

I smiled and nodded. He ran past me and I started to walk again. I didn't though I was far away from home, but I was wrong.

...

Another half hour after I'd talked to Stefan I was still not out of the woods. I'd tried to call someone but there wasn't any signal out here. I knew I was lost. Of course! Great job Caroline!

I'd never been in this part of the wood, course when I had walked a little further I saw a big, big lake. Well, it was almost like a little sea course I couldn't see anything than the ice. I couldn't walk around it cause there was nothing to walk on. Only ice.

It has been frost in two days now so I guessed that there was no danger in walking on the lake, so i started to walk. I walked slowly and carefully. I could hear the ice moving. Shit! I had to come over to the other side now! But before I could run the ice burst. I fell down in the cold water. It was like every cell in my body was screaming. It hurt. A few second after I barely feel it. It was like my body was the same temperature like the water. First I though it was good, cause then I could swim but then I knew it; no this wasn't good. If my body in a few second was getting that cold, what wouldn't it be in a few minutes. Maybe my bode would freeze so much that I died.