Chapter 18 part 1

Kim came early the next morning. It was eight in the morning and I was ready to go. I got in the car and we drove to the church.
"Are you excited or what?", Kim asked.

"Excited yes. Nervous, big yes", I replied.

"You have nothing to be nervous about Abby. Before you know it, you'll be saying I do and then the hard part will be over", she said. Kim was helping me set up the table decorations by putting the plates, silverware, cups and napkins out. I was tapping balloons to the wall. We took a ten minute break cause she was tired. I took a break as well pretending to be tired.
"We have done so much on just two hours", I said.

"How come Kyle isn't doing anything?", she asked.

"He basically planned the whole thing. He doesn't want me doing anything but I talked him into letting me decorate the church", I replied. I heard the doors open and I turned around. I saw the pastor walking in admiring the work.
"Ladies it looks beautiful", he said.

"Thank you Mr. Jones", I said.

"Oh please, call me Jackson", he said. "Is your husband here? I need to make sure that he has a ring bearer. My nephew volunteered but Kyle didn't say if he had one".

"Oh. Sure. He's at home but you can call him if you want", I said.

"Great. I'll see you later", he said walking out the room.

"He's nice", Kim commented.

"Yeah. I've known him since I was six. My parents brought me here every Sunday", I said.

'Is that why you choose to have the wedding here? Cause it brings back memories?".

"I guess. I just wanted to have my special day at a place I know", I replied walking to the boxes. We had two more left. They both contained streamers and fake flowers. I took the streamers and hung them up above the door, tapped them on the tables and Kim set the fake flowers on the center of the tables.
"I'm done", I said.

"Same here", Kim agreed. We stood next to each other and admired our work.

"We did a good job". I nodded in agreement. We looked at the clock and it was noon.

"I better get ready. Only two more hours to go", I said. We walked to the back where I was going to get ready. Kim did my makeup and hair. She put the top half in a ponytail and left the bottom to rest on my shoulders. She put light cream eyeshadow and blush. It looked like I wasn't wearing any makeup. Once she finished, she helped zip my dress and I put my shoes and vail on. This was an hour and fifty minute process. I heard guests talking to each in the church.
"The guests are here", Kim said. My dad walked in and looked at me.

"Abby. You look beautiful", he said.

"Thanks dad. You look good to", I said. I got up and gave him a hug and he started crying.

"Mr. Hayes, it's okay", Kim said.

"I know. I'm just so happy for my baby girl. Who isn't a baby anymore", he sobbed. He started to stop when I looked at him.

"I'll always be your baby girl", I said. He wiped his eyes and linked my arm to his. Kim followed us holding the vail keeping it off the ground. When we approached the doors, I heard music playing. My dad looked at me and we walked in the room. I saw a mix of Kyle's family and my family. I saw Kyle facing me with a smile on his face. I smiled back and before I knew it, I was being handed off to Kyle. We faced the pastor and he began to speak.
"Ladies and gentlemen. We are gathered here today to join Abby and Kyle. If anyone has a reason why these two should not be married, say I". No one said a word." Okay. Do you Kyle take Abby to be your wife, to have and to hold, through sickness and health, until death do you part?".

"I do", he said.

"Do you Abby take Kyle to be your husband, to have and to hold, through sickness and health until death do you part?".

"I do", I replied.

"If anyone has any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace". No one said a word. "Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride". He put his lips in mine and I heard everyone clap and cheer. It was final. No one can break us apart. I was now his wife and he's now my husband. I pulled away forgetting that there was people watching us. We walked down the small steps and out the doors. Kyle is mine. No one can take him away from me.