Interrogation

"So... I believe we have some groceries to put away, hm?" Orion said with a smile as he removed his hands from Zachary, only to tap his backside before stepping out of the bathroom. The tap made Zachary jump, dropping the empty can in the sink before he stalked after Orion.

"That was not your butt to tap," he chided as he knelt down beside Orion and began digging through the bags to get things put away.

"Oh?"

Zachary tried to glare at him and shook the thing he'd just grabbed from the bag at the older man, but when the guy just snickered, Zach glanced down at his hand and frowned.

Of course. Out of all the things I could have grabbed to shake at him, it's the cucumber.

When Orion burst out laughing Zach smacked him over the head with the vegetable.

"Oh, how I wish I had gotten a photo of that."

Both of their heads jerked over toward the door where a woman that looked around thirty or so stood.

"Don't you ever knock?" Orion grumbled as he stood up and walked over to her.

"Nope. You know this already, Master."

Orion rolled his eyes but Zachary knew he didn't mind because of the smile that accompanied the gesture. "What do I owe the pleasure of this visit, Xena?"

"Aww, not happy to see your very own warrior princess?" Xena said as she tried to skirt around Orion to obviously get to Zachary. When she couldn't get past him she huffed out a frustrated breath and put her hands on her thin hips.

"Oh come on, Orion. I just wanna see your new sub. No need to hide this one from me just because I drove off Mackenzie. You and I both know that he wasn't even gay and just wanted to piss off his friend that liked you."

"I know that, but you also drove of Mitchel and Harmon, too."

The woman paused, then smirked. "True. They just annoyed me."

Orion shook his head and sat down on the bed, then realized his mistake when Xena blurred past him and over to Zachary. Unsure of what to do about the woman rapidly encroaching on his personal space, Zach lifted the cucumber in both hands and pointed it at her like a weapon.

"D-don't come any closer!"

The woman stopped abruptly and looked back at Orion like he was crazy. "You picked an interesting one this time. Defending himself with a cucumber?"

"He's spunky, but he's not my sub" Orion said with a grin. Xena didn't look impressed. In fact, she turned back to Zachary and returned her hands to her hips.

"Alright you, all of Orion's subs have to go through me before you can be official. So, what's your name?"

But I'm not his sub...

Doubting that she'd even believe him, Zachary hunched his shoulders and replied. "Zachary."

"How old are you? Where do you work? Where did you live before Orion invited you to stay here?"

Man, she knows him really well.

"I'm twenty, and uh, I don't have a job yet."

Her eyes narrowed, but when Zachary didn't answer her last question she turned and glared at Orion.

"Really Orion? How many times do I have to throw out guys that just want to take advantage of you? It should be really obvious by now, yet you keep bringing them home."

"Xena, he's not trying to take advantage of anything."

The woman threw her arms up in frustration. "I'm not going to deal with another useless brat strutting about the club like he owns it because you're his dom."