Shock and Awe

I feel like there's a waterfall going down my back and I've dipped my hands in a bucket of boiling water.

Frustrated with his nerves, Orion rubbed his hands on his pants and licked his lips. When Zachary stepped out of their room wearing a pair of black jeans and a nice button up shirt, Orion couldn't help but tug him close for a hug and peck on the lips.

"Ready to go?"

Smirking, Zachary stuck his tongue out a fraction and started back for the closing door. "Nope!"

Not falling for the sarcasm he heard in Zach's voice, Orion snagged the guy around the waist and let the door shut and lock. "Well, we've got reservations so you're just going to have to make due without your make up and tie."

He moved his hand to Zachary's when the guy straightened, tugging him along beside him. "You made reservations?" He asked, making Orion chuckle as he hit the button for the elevator. It was evidently already on their floor and opened with a bing. When they stepped inside he answered. "When you took a nap after our escapade in the shower."

Zachary's blush settled his nerves a little. The door opened after it got to the first floor of their hotel and he pressed his fingers to the small of Zachary's back to guide him from the elevator and out of the front door. "Where are we going?"

Orion tapped Zach's butt after he opened the car door. "Nope. You're just going to have to wait and see." He said, shutting the passenger side door, then walking around to the other side and sliding in to get them started on their way. As he drove, Zachary continued to try and guess the restaurant but when he pulled the car into the parking lot of a tiny little hole-in-the-wall barbecue place, Zachary looked at him questioningly.

"Don't give me that look. Just wait, by the end of this date you're going to be in a food coma and worshiping me for showing you this amazing place."

Orion had said it as a joke, but when Zachary replied, he couldn't manage to close his mouth after it had dropped open in surprise. "But I already worship you."

If Zach hadn't hopped out of the car and ran to the door, Orion would have tried to tug him across the center counsel and steal a kiss or three. Resigned that the little devil had escaped him for the moment, Orion quickly slid from the car, locked it, then jogged over to where Zachary now held the door open for him.

"Thank you, sweetheart." He said as he ducked inside. The place was rather full, but unlike some of the large chain restaurants, it wasn't that loud. The hostess glanced down at her list when they walked in, then smiled up at them. "Orion?"

Orion returned her smile and nodded. "Right this way, please." She said as she grabbed two menus and turned, guiding them to a little booth in the middle of the left side. After ordering two waters and taking a quick glance at the menu, Zachary looked up at him, but Orion was ready. "Can I order for you, sweetheart?"

He could see the hesitation in Zach's face, but it was quickly changed to curiosity. "Okay."

Reaching across the table, Orion squeezed one of Zachary's hand and took the menu to place overtop his own. "You'll love it, I promise." He added a wink just in case, then looked over as their waitress came over and set down their drinks. "Hello guys, are you ready to order or do you need a few more minutes?"

Orion nudged the menus to the edge of the table. "I'm going to have number seven and he'll have eleven with a side of corn nuggets."

He glanced at Zach as he ordered, glad to see his boy smile at the knowledge that he'd get a familiar favorite barbecue food of his. Once the woman took their orders she disappeared to get them in to the kitchen, leaving them to speak for the short time before it would arrive. He picked this place because it was fast, but also because it was delicious. So, knowing that they wouldn't have too long to talk, he folded his arms on the table and leaned forward with a grin.