Chapter 2: A Special Visitor

I woke up to the early-morning light filtering in from the triangle shaped window above my bed. I slowly opened my eyes and squinted through the hazy brightness of a fresh day. I rolled off the bed and landed with a thump- OW! -then proceeded to quickly dress myself. I stumbled over to Mabel's bed and poked her in the shoulder. "N-not now, I want some smile d-dip..." she mumbled in an incoherent string of slurs. I poked her again. "WHA-?!" She screeched and jumped off the bed, ninja style. She landed in karate stance with her arms braced for impact. "Mabel, you idiot, it's just me". Mabel's face lit up immediately as she pulled herself out of dream world. "Oh... oops!" She squeaked, "Guess I got a bit excited there..." "You think?" I said sarcastically. Mabel stepped into the bathroom while I leafed through my new encyclopedia. 20 minutes later, Mabel emerged from the bathroom with shiny hair and a lot of makeup. "Mabel, do you seriously have to wear all that junk just for breakfast?" I exclaimed, "Unless you're planning on hitting on the Stans." Mabel made a face and yelled, "EW! You disappoint me Dipper..." and punched my shoulder. I winced and began to head downstairs. "Hey, don't wait up loser!" "UGH, brothers" she sighed and flipped her hair. After a pleasant breakfast and some household chores for the Stans- yes, even on our first day back at the shack we were forced to work our butts off- I headed back to my room to scroll through the web while Mabel caught up with her friends from the previous summer. After about an hour of that, I decided to take a nap. I gave in to the urge to sleep and slowly let myself drift away...

[IN THE MINDSCAPE]

At first, it was all dark. Then, I saw a flicker of blue light, and I followed it until I reached a beautiful grassy clearing with blooming flowers and plant life all around me. Suddenly, I heard something, or someone shuffling in front of me."Hello?" I called out timidly. Suddenly, a shadowy figure strolled out of the gloom. It was a teenager, around my age, but something looked freakishly familiar about this kid... "Well, well, well, look who finally showed up!" said the figure icily. IT'S BILL! Oh my gosh... what does he want from me? He almost killed me four years ago, so what will he do with me now? I stared back into those cold eyes fiercely, although inside I was a wreck. I'd never seen Bill in human form before, but I have to admit, he looked... gorgeous. "Pinetree! It's been a while... you've grown up". "W-well..." I started with a stutter, "you don't look so bad yourself". Damn it, was I being too obvious? I really was startled by his new appearance. "Y'know, kid, I can see exactly what you're thinking whenever I please." He said with a smirk. I mentally face palmed myself. It's not like I meant anything, right? I just think he looks cool in human form. Or is it something else?