chapter twenty eight

Funerals were hard, honestly. Especially when you were so close to that person like a close friend or family member but your own son? That was hard. But the funeral took a an hour at most and then we all went home because we didn't want to have dinner or a small party afterwards. We just went home and I cuddled with Ashton in our bed and we slept the day away while Michael did the same with Calum and Alex in their own room down the hall.

I had to go back to school at some point so two weeks later I was changed and ready to go with my make up on and Ashton was giving me a lift in my car. "You'll be okay?" I nodded and Ashton leaned over the gear stick and made me look at him, "I love you." He said and tipped my chin up with this hand and kissed me.

"I love you too." I whispered and pecked his lips. "Do you want to walk me in?" I asked.

Ashton nodded and we both got out of the car and Ashton took my hand in his. "You look nice today." He said and I smiled, looking down at my skirt. "Like every day."

"Thank you." I mumbled blushing.

We walked to the school entrance and Ashton pressed me against the wall next to the door and kissed my lips, a lingering kiss. "Be good yeah?"

"You always say that." I rolled my eyes, "I'm fine." I leaned up and kissed him whispering, "I'm a good boy Daddy." I giggled before Ashton let me go inside with a smack on my ass.

Michael was getting a ride with Calum, he'd picked him up early so they could go to Starbucks or something, and Ashton was babysitting for the day. We wouldn't tell Michael but while Ashton dropped me off at school Alex was still fast asleep in his crib. I walked in to school, glancing behind me to see Ashton walk back to his car.

I walked to my locker and a few of my friends were stood there and they waved as I approached, Michael stepping forward and handed me a drink from Starbucks, "Got your favourite." I thanked him, sipping the drink.

I opened my locker and sorted out my books from the past two weeks I'd been away. I was feeling better now, a little anyway. Ashton and I hadn't done anything physical together yet but I was waiting for him to be ready again. Ready enough that he'd want to be with me, and not have to worry about me getting pregnant again and losing him or her. I couldn't have that happen again either, it was too much.

I turned around to my friends and that's when I noticed the stares I was getting from everyone in the hallway, they literally had all stopped to stare at me. Louis took my hand in his and squeezed it reassuringly.

My friends glared at everyone and I sighed, "Should we head to class?" But before we could leave Chloe from the cheer squad, hobbled over to us in crutches and I hugged her before she looked down at my stomach and sighed a little before looking up at me.

"I am so sorry that it happened Luke, I took full blame for this, my shoelace was undone and I tripped and then you fell and I'm so sorry Luke." She gushed but I shook my head.

"It's fine, I was feeling nauseas, and lost balance." I smiled and one of Chloe's friends skipped over to her.

"Chloe, we gotta get to class." She said before looking at me in confusion. "I thought you were pregnant?"

I saw Louis want to say something but I looked at him and he closed his mouth again. I looked at Chloe's friend and smiled tightly, "I lost him." I said and her face dropped.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She said before turning back to Chloe, "You're girlfriend is waiting for you."

Chloe smiled and she kissed my cheek before hobbling away with her friend. We headed to our first lesson and it was History, as we got there Mr Thompson said there was an assembly in the hall. I sipped my Starbucks and sighed as everyone groaned before going to the opposite side of the school and in to the hall. I had to put my drink in the bin before entering and we soon sat at the back and Calum sat in between Michael and I, his arm over the back of both our chairs, and I leaned in to him a little, my head on his shoulder.