Chapter 3

I walked to the room I was previously in with Jacob and those three misfits. The shiny shoes I was wearing felt good on my feet. The gray vest and white button down shirt I was wearing beneath my gray jacket looked good on me with my gray dress pants. I looked like one on the men from the 90's but I still looked sharp. My beard was cut clean and my black hair was combed back and cut to my shoulders.

Everyone turned their heads to look at me, but when I stared back they didn't have the courage to look anymore so they ducked their head and blushed. Both boys and girls wanted a piece of this but I would never let them, they were all disgusting to look at anyway.

I opened the glassed door and took off my hat. Kelly came up three inches too close and asked "Well who are you, sexy?" She was still twirling her hair like before but this time she was practically pulling it out of her damned head.

"You met him before, Kelly." Jacob took a step toward me and I instinctively took a step back and stood back up straight again. I looked up at Kelly and looked into her eyes with a glint of humor in them.

"You shouldn't get close to a crazy man hon," I chuckled, "especially if said man just got out of a government institution." I smirked and went to the table to sit down. "'Sir' would you be ever so kind as to explain why you took me out the comfort of my cell and into the negative vibes of this God forsaken world?" I looked at the glass table. Is everything in here glass?

Jacob stepped too close toward me and said, "I think you need to watch what you say Alex," he snarled, "I could always take you back." I shut my mouth immediately. I would stay here but only long enough so I could escape and live out the amount of my life that I missed when I was in that damned facility. Then he walked toward the chair at the beginning of the table to sit down. Everyone else -The ape, the kid, and the married fake hoe- sat down in their respective seats.

Then a man that looked slightly familiar opened the door to the room. He had gray eyes that were similar to mine but he was taller than me and probably old enough to be my dad. He sat next to Jacob and began to stare at me for too long I stared right back at him until he had to break the connection that we had.

"Welcome to the FBI, Alex Thomas." everyone in the room began to look at me. "We have all voted on you joining us because we thought that... maybe you could help us" I closed my eyes and leaned back in my seat.

"Old man, I think this place needs more than my help" I yawned and stretched and opened my eyes again.

"I mean your help in some recent cases then have caught the FBI's attention." He slid a massive file down toward me and I didn't open it until he said so. I shouldn't have opened that case at all.

When I opened the file I found pictures of young blonde females being dry-drowned in the catacombs under the Paris floors. They all looked to be about twenty to thirty years old. "Why can't you catch the y-value? They use the same place to commit these murders and do it the same way... It should be easy," I looked back at the old man and down at the pictures again.

"If you never been in the catacomb then you have nothing to say about why we can't find this guy" The old man glared at me again.

"You called me out of the facility and out of my normal life to solve murder cases for you guys because you can't do your own job?" I cracked my middle finger with my thumb.

"That sounds about right" Jacob stood up and walked toward that big glass door. "We leave at the stroke of dawn tomorrow morning." He looked at me and as soon as he did I looked down at my hands again. "Alex, you're sleeping at my house for the time being." He walked toward me again and knelt down toward my left foot, I almost dropped down with him just to kiss those plump pink lips.

Clamp-Click

"This is a tracking device to make sure you don't run away from us" He looked up at me as he stood back up again and smirked. I looked down at the tracking device. I already knew how to get it off. Before I could reach down and take it off Jacob grabbed my hand and reached up to where it was before. "Don't even think about it" he looked down to the device and pointed at it "Every time fingertips get ten centimeters close to it it sends an electrical current through you that could kill a small cat. You also need to be within a three mile radius of myself or else you will be executed on the spot as soon as you step out of the zone." Everything is death with these people but I know they won't kill me. They need me.

"Thank you for that information Sir but even if I get out of the zone or try to take it off I won't die," I took a step closer to him while still not looking him in the eye, "you guys need me alive." Jacob just grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the door. "Bye everyone," I laughed out loud so everyone would think I'm just a bit obnoxious.

I looked back at everyone as I'm pulled to leave and see Ryan laughing at me a bit. I close my eyes and take a small breath thinking to myself 'I really want to stay here' but I knew that I wouldn't because nothing truly last forever.

* * *

As we pull up to a loft with three floors- a woman was standing at the door of the the truly magnificent palace. She was blond and had a 'pear' figure and and I instantly knew who she was.

"So, you're still dating your highschool sweetheart? After all this time not even you have changed," I look at the girl who made my life a living hell as well as the person I will be living with for the while until I call my friend.

Jacob got out of the car and fixed his suit jacket. Merissa came over to wrap her arms around him as I awkwardly got out of the car and stood behind them because I would have to make sure she couldn't recognise me. She carried her shit colored eyes toward me and rolled her eyes over my body as if evaluating if I was worthy enough to talk to.

Merissa Jefferson was the Queen in high school and apparently still is. She was wearing a grassy green robe that went down to her mid-thigh to added her sex-appeal. Over all she was still beautiful though her character was bitchy and mean. I couldn't let her looks intimidate me though- not again like she did before.

I stook out my hand and did a smile that revived her own fake one and I knew that by looking at her and Jacob that they didn't expect that to appeal on my face. "Good Evening Ms. Jefferson, my name is Alex and I will be staying at your house for the time being" I looked at her and looked and him seeing a blush present on both cheeks I waited until she took my hand to shake.

"It's nice to make your acquaintance Alex, with a person as beautiful as me around I think we will in fact get along quite well" she chuckled a bit before continuing to squeeze my hand far too tight, "You will now be one of my best friends." With her statement finished she dragged my arm and led me to the house but before I got to far sparks from my other hand and looked into his eyes for only a quick second.

"Honey, I'm sorry for taking your friend away from you but I only came home to get my suitcase and go because of this big case we have" he looked back at me and I could feel my cheeks begin to heat but I pushed it away because at this point I could not break character. They both let go and while Jacob went to get his suitcase from inside the loft Merissa turned toward me.

"Please watch out for him" her eyes looked toward the house and then back at me, "He may not look it but he is haunted by a past that will never come back and that thought will make him do crazy things." With that she sighed and and walked toward the house.

By the time Jacob got in the car with his small black suitcase and a frown accompanied with it I knew that there was multiple mysteries and they were all, unfortunately, on my hands.