Chapter One

• Dedicated to Emani for always being my friend

I had only seen light in the lab of the facility after I made it out of my first hellhole. Honestly, in my opinion it isn’t considered light at all. It sways back and forth and is kept there so the people watching could see me at all times. The whips they made when slashing my skin still hadn't made their exit off and out of my life and if my estimations are correct they never will. I sat on the floor of my cell that was my bed. The gray wool blanket was itchy against my pale skin. If only I could unlatch the---

Buzz

       The buzzer went through my ear to my brain with the goal of stopping my thoughts from continuing any further. That's how it is in here. They give you a machine that goes through your ear to connect to the part of temporal lobe that controls the memory. The machine gives you a hard buzz to slow down your brain activity if it grows to a high rate of danger... for them. They said my mind works 10.5 times faster than that average human and with that amount of thinking I can rule the world with an iron brain. For this reason they only use my thinking when need be .

       A creak made its way to my ears from the bars on the door. Two ragged blue shoes came into my view. "Get your crap, scientist! You're being transferred out of here," as my officer said that a sneer also came out.

       "“I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent” - Mahatma Gandhi”" I quote this only to make the officer that hit me for a hobby just a bit aggravated. I smirked as he made a fist with his hand. I don't even know his name but if I did I would forcibly forget. I walked down the cold hall only to be shoved out of the pale blue doors. I wasn’t the only one in this damned facility. I have a friend named Raniah but I only see her when we have to compete about whose brain activity was more active. We promised each other to get out of here on our own and see the each other in Paris. So far neither of us has made it out but we will. Having a brain as active as mine is only a curse when not used.

       "Sit down Mr. Thomas" I didn't have to look in his eyes to know who was speaking. Jacob Waterman was the only guy in the world to make a chill run down my spine with just his voice and he knew it too. I knew I couldn't look him in those sea blue eyes, the last time I did all those years ago it ended badly. His sandy brown hair was still the same but his lips were a bit pale and his skin had more color than his teenage years. While sitting down I could tell that he was taller than me by two inches and seven centimeters. His cheekbones were still well defined though.

       I looked at my gray shorts as I sat on the wooden brown table. After looking down I cracked my pointer finger with my thumb, I couldn't stop myself.  "Ah! Jacob Waterman I knew someone would come to kill me I just didn't think it was you," I chuckled a bit to lighten the mood. His lips didn't even crack a smile.

       "Listen here and listen good," I looked at his black and white suit black pants and black jacket with a white shirt and black professional looking shoes, 'Nice' I thought. "You are now a tool for the FBI and will be my new scientist in the science department. You have no choice in the matter. " his sandy hair was gelled back.  He looked more like his father than in the past.

       "I knew that I didn't have a choice in the matter. I never did." I don't know why I told him that but he didn't need to know about the years I spent here.

       "Pack your stuff," If I still had a crush on this buffoon I'll be calling my own self stupid for the rest of my life.

       I pulled out a 12 by 14in notebook with my years that I spent in this building written inside.

       "Oh! and one more thing..." He stood up to walk to my side of the table. His hand reach to toward my ear and I had to control myself before I tried to rub myself against it. I closed my eyes if he got any closer I would look into his. I heard a click and a cool wind came where his hand once was. "If you kept this on you wouldn't be thinking straight" as he held up the machine that kept my thoughts at bay I couldn't help but release a smile.

       "Thank You so much" I still didn't look him in the eye " Did you know it is illegal in the United States  for federal prisons to be on the internet. They try and keep everything away from the press and the people but some people still find a way out by comminuting de lente-" He put his big hand over my lips.

       "Don't talk so much" He whispered so close I could smell the coffee in his mouth. As he walked away I had to follow him. His ass retreating further away from me... for the second time in my life but this time I had to follow.

       "Your working for me now ,Thomas" Jacob says as he detaches the doors that held me in for the second worst years of my life.

       "Always been that way, hadn't it?" As I put on my white jacket my mind starts to wander on the different ways this could play out with a smirk planted on my face.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Authors Insight: A bit of an interview with the characters ;) Your welcome lovely's 

AUTHOR- "Why Hello Alex and ... Jacob mhm... can I call you Jake?"

JACOB- "No." *shifts a bit closer to Alex on the couch while Alex slightly shifted away*

AUTHOR- "Jake and Alex I have come to ask you a few personally questions about each other for the audience."

ALEX- "Listen, I won't tell anything to a girl who I just met" *He looked down at his pants and glanced up to me*

AUTHOR- "OMG YOU HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL EYES!!!" I couldn't contain myself *I jumped out of my seat and reached for his face. Jacob launched for Alex's arm with his own and pulled him onto his lap while both of them turned red in realization of the act he just committed*

JACOB- "KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF HIM!!!" His tone was deathly jealous and protective.

AUTHOR- *I sat back in my seat* "Back to the matter at hand. Do you to like each other?" With my eyebrow raised and my pen in hand I had to know the truth. *Alex and Jacob looked at each other and quickly looked away*

JACOB- *Clears throat* "Your eyes are very... beautiful, Alex."

ALEX- *Blushes rose red and starts to crack his pointer finger with his thumb* "Thank you" *Soon after their eyes met they both simultaneously looked away blushing*

AUTHOR- "I'll take that as a YES!!!!" And I smirk...