Fjórir

I was having the most wonderful dream before my world began to shake and fracture away to darkness right before my eyes. It was only when I heard an irritated grunt and tenderness to my shoulder that I realised that I was being shaken. I let out a defiant groan as my mind woke itself up, though my eyes remained firmly shut.

"Get up." The same somewhat irritated voice came again.

"5 more minutes." I mumbled into my arm after tossing it over my face in protest.

"Now." I growled and flung my arm back down before opening my eyes and glaring at whoever dared to wake me at such an ungodly hour.

"What?" I snapped, narrowing my eyes even further but mainly due to the lack of light rather than intensifying my glare. I noticed that Eirik was already dressed and had his thick woollen cloak on with a bag strapped to his back.

"I told you I would take you to the Seer. We must leave now if we are to make it before nightfall." He explained.
"Eirik it's still bloody dark outside! Is it even morning yet?" I exclaimed while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Yes, it is morning, now get up." He rolled his eyes at me before grabbing me and lifting me up, only to plonk me back down on the cold floor on flat feet. I instantly recoiled and curled my toes at the sudden temperature change.

"I am perfectly capable of getting out of bed myself, I do not need to be manhandled." I frowned at him, crossing my arms. He studied me for a moment before rolling his eyes at me again.

"Not if we want to leave this season." He retorted snidely.

"Oh, I am so going to push you off the first cliff we get to." I snapped before storming past him and over to the pile of clothes Sigrid had left for me. Luckily, she explained to me while helping me undress the night before exactly how to get the monstrosity of a dress on by myself. I glanced back at Eirik to find he was slicing open an apple with a wicked sharp looking pocket knife.

"Hey, this isn't a free show, go wait outside." I barked at him impatiently. He gave me an exasperated look before crossing the room past me towards the door.

"Hurry up." He stopped next to me and waggled the knife at me as if scolding me.

"Yeah yeah, now shoo!" Eirik stepped out of the house and closed the door behind him, leaving me alone. I quickly stripped the night gown off and shivered at the cold air hitting my skin before tossing the dress over my head. I adjusted it so it sat right then laced the front up and smoothed it all down. Once satisfied, I tugged on the boots Sigrid had given me which were slightly too big but at least they were warm. I noticed that another cloak hung over the wooden chair and hastily grabbed it before slinging it around my shoulders. I looked around hopelessly for something to secure it with, letting out a growl of frustration.

"Eirik!" I called out, giving up my search. The door opened and he stepped in, looking at me expectantly.

"What?" I helplessly held up both corners of the cloak and received yet another eyeroll. He crossed the room and opened up a chest, pulling out some kind of metal brooch before stalking over to me and holding it out to me. I took it from him and set about trying to fasten the cloak together with it. Eirik watched me with exasperation before finally growling and knocking my hands aside as he managed to do what I failed miserably at.
"Now can we go?" He gestured towards the door sarcastically, and I resisted the urge to punch him. Instead I shot him a glare before storming past him and out of the door. I stepped out into the cool air and took a long deep breath. Although freezing, the air felt pure and like nothing I had felt before. This air was unpolluted, non-toxic and felt like a large drink of ice-cold water after being in blistering heat. It was incredible, and I couldn't help but drink it up.