prologue

Copyright © 2015. All Rights Reserved.

〮PROLOGUE  〮

anom·a·ly [uh-nom-uh-lee] noun

1. a deviation from the common rule, type, arrangement, or form.

2. an odd, peculiar, or strange condition, situation, quality, etc.

There are many, quote, "things", that fall under the category of "anomaly". A handful of which pertain exclusively to me, and exclusively to other people. When compared against the mass majority of individuals, I am apart of an anomaly known as lycanthrope, otherwise known as a werewolf. Safe to say, being a werewolf is strange enough, and I didn't think anything could be weirder than that. 

Until I met Gavin Wilde. One simply cannot construct a single sentence to describe Gavin Wilde for all his inconsistencies, incongruity, and the quirkiness of his dreams, ambitions, and all of the above. Anomaly, the odd choice in vehicle. Anomaly, the obsession with life and all it entails. Anomaly, circumnavigating the United States.

mat·ri·mo·ny [ma-truh-moh-nee] noun

1. the joining together of a man and woman as husband and wife

2. the state of being married

The standard customs of the lycanthrope culture necessitates marriage, through fidelity or arranged, within an appropriate timeframe to secure the placement of a successor. The imminent spouse for Emmalyn Rae Austen must be of opportune lineage, and be made definite prior to a disadvantageous maturity.

Disadvantageous maturity demands that Emmalyn manages an optimal timeframe in which an heir could potentially apprentice under her supervision. Thus, Emmalyn must engage in matrimony and all that it encompasses prior to her retirement or untimely death.

In other words, I have to get married.

Oh joy.