.5 about the wolves

Hello! This is sorta like an author's note so let's cut to the chase: this isn't your usual werewolf scenario.

In the first book, "The Wild", the entire situation with the werewolves is sort of a mystery, but even if you haven't read it, we're gonna crack that mystery right now. Here's what being a werewolf entails:

1. Werewolves have always been male. 

2. Female Alphas can only exist at the will of the male Alpha by going through the "ritual".

3. Alpha Lily's mother went through the ritual.

4. Male Alphas can't control who turns into wolves because any male in the population has the potential to turn into one so long as they remain close to an Alpha.

5. Female Alphas are the only werewolves known to control who can and who can't shift.

6. Female Alphas are the strongest of the Alphas.

7. A Beta cannot be in a romantic relationship with his Alpha. (I mean, before Alpha Lily, it would have been an act of homosexuality, which isn't ideal in the Alpha's position because he wouldn't be able to conceive an heir. I'm sure there have been instances of this, though, and since I'm not against love, I'd assume that in those cases the wife of said Alpha would simply exist for the purpose of conceiving an heir.)

8. A werewolf doesn't look like a wolf, it looks like a beast/monster.

9. While in the "wolf" state, lycanthropes can't remember their human selves, therefore, they can't control who they kill.

10. The "wolf" state can't really be remembered, it's just sort of like remembering a dream.

11. Lycanthropes experience emotions stronger than the regular human, so they experience high anxiety, temper, and borderline OCD when it comes to love (so not exactly a "mate", but they're just super obsessed with that person because they can't control their emotions).

12. Prior to Alpha Lily, Alphas tended to abuse their wives, and to be in a relationship with an Alpha was considered dangerous due to this.

13. Alpha Lily is in a healthy relationship, no worries :D You can read about her RISE TO POWER in the first book, "The Wild".