Starter: Basic Simple Cover

I linked pixlr if you guys wanna try and you don't have any photoshop or any software to work with.

For this video first I would be using my Photoshop and the next one would be on Pixlr (I've tried pixlr before and it was a very long time so I'm not sure on how to use it, so it's just like you maybe a beginner we both be new to pixlr) I use mostly on photoshop by using keys on my keyboards so sorry about that. but since i will be writing step by steps you can also see below what i clicked very sorry if this is confusing.

below  would be instructions, step by step in case you can't view the video.

PHOTOSHOP

1. Press ctrl N to create a new space to work with Width: 512 Height: 800 Background Contents: Transparent then click Ok.

2. Ctrl O (letter not number) to open a photo, I'm assuming you have the ingredients by now. Now you have a new tab, make sure your tool is Move Tool (You can see this on your left side of the screen) What you should do next is drag the photo onto the first tab.

3. Now your photo maybe smaller or bigger than your canvas. Press ctrl t for re sizing.  Click on the sides with the little box and drag it to your preferable size or until it fits. not make sure your photo now is not stretched you can practice and practice with this part until you get it right. You can also move the photo since you are using now is the Move Tool.

4. Press T or find the T on the toolbox thing. Now for this obviously for the Title or any text you want to add. You can resize it by pressing ctrl t or changing the size from the bars(i don't know what it's called) above. You can change the opacity of it on the right with the tools. Also you right click on the layer your text, look for blending options.

5. You can change the lighting(for this play round with the tools on the right), or add filter(you will see it on the top). 

6. ctrl s for saving! Jpeg the higher the quality the better but if it gave you a recommended quality that's okay too.

PIXLR

1. Click on + CREATE NEW IMAGE, change the width to 512, the height to 800. check the box for transparent. 

2. Click on file > open image / ctrl o. choose you photo to work with. Press M / look for the Marquee Tool, select the whole image. After click on Edit on top, copy / just press ctrl C, Go to your empty canvas and go to Edit and press on paste / ctrl V 

3. To resize your image > Edit > Free Transform / ctrl t resize with our preferable size, make sure its not stretched, you can work with this until you get it right.

4. Now Look for the Type Tool / T You can work on your text using this. You can add a style to it not that fancy though. On your left screen look for layers, hover on the tools until you find toggle layer settings  you can change your opacity with this.  You can also right click and click on Layer styles. you can add varieties of styles like shadow or glow. just play with it until you are use with the tools.

5. After you are done with that, you can add filters make sure to not overdo them, since we are starting with basic simple covers, it's okay to have a neat and simple one for now.

6. And yeah you can save it. ctrl s / file > save. Jpeg the higher the quality the better but if it gave you a recommended quality that's okay too.

You just need to familiarize yourself with the tools. If you have questions(something i typed that didnt make sense) comment below! And if you did try it you can also comment your results and I will reply and tell you if you need to work on some areas.

I will add the video tomorrow somehow it did not save when i did save it, so i'll be adding that tomorrow for some reference. for now a gif of evan peters because why not?

NEXT UPDATE: CUTTING AND COMBINING PHOTOS.

p.s the name of my channel is : Domi-Jack i can't seem to comment below.