Chapter Three

Chapter Three - I Can Be Least Bothered.

-----

ABIGAIL'S POV

"Dad, more two, please" I muttered groggily showing him my two fingers with still closed eyes. He sighed and then I felt cold. He had pulled away from my cover in a second. I was surprised and I immediately got up and glared at him.

"Remember, last time your two minutes had cost me a lecture from your Mom and a day off for you." He reminded me and I laughed shamelessly and nodded agreeing to him. I got up and rushed off to the bathroom.

I finished my bath and soon walked to my closet. It was filled with all new and some old clothes. I pulled out a baby pink see-through tank top with an inner and a light blue denim macro. I also pulled out a pair of dark grey sneakers along with white socks, that would hide inside.

I put my light-brown straight hair open and put some eyeliner and mascara to my eyes. My green eyes glowed bright and it looked light. Finally, I applied a dark pink shade of lipstick, completing my look. I looked amazing. I took my brown leather bag and pulled it on my shoulder and walked downstairs.

I kept my bag on the couch and walked towards the dining table where Mom and Dad waited for me. I had Nutella sandwiches, that Mom had prepared for me.

"Well, you didn't tell me about who escorted you home yesterday." Dad pointed out and I realized that I didn't tell him about Cody.

"Well, there was this guy named Cody, who helped me. He was my age and that was all I could know about him." I answered and took a bite of my Nutella sandwich.

"What about the looks? Huh?" Mom asked as she wiggled her brows at me, mischievously. I sighed. Mom could be a hormonal girl, many times.

"Well, he wasn't bad looking. He had green eyes like mine and dark-brown hair. A good and tall posture. A sweet smile and good nature. All in all, he was a good guy." I said as I remembered about him. Dad eyed me and Mom giggled.

"Dad, it's not like we're marrying tomorrow. I don't even have his number or anything." I told him and he nodded but then laughed along. The breakfast was fun. Mom had teased him that I was finally a grown woman and he had to attend my wedding soon, where he denied letting me get married. Typical of him.

"Guys, I do have a school and I need to know from where I'd be picked up." I interrupted them and they looked at me, quizzically. They forgot I was here.

"Okay, I think, I'll find my way out," I muttered and took my bag from the couch and walked to the door. Dad and Mom stopped me and gave me sad smiles.

"You guys are not being parents from 'the mean girls', okay? I haven't been homeschooled or lived in Africa all my life!" I exasperated and they both fell in pits of laughter.

"End of the block would be where you'll find your stop," Dad said and I nodded. I finally wished them goodbye and looked at the time. I was on time for school. I walked down the street and found a group of teenagers standing with bags on their shoulders.

I walked to one of the girls with glasses, a typical nerd. She looked at me as if I was gonna kill her or something. But then she slowly flashed a small smile. I felt awkward but I had to ask her my doubt.

"Are everyone here waiting for the school bus to Lindale High?" I asked her and she nodded at my statement. I flashed her a smile and walked away from her to a place where no one stood.

I then noticed a group of girls had crowded around something or someone and all the boys had been cursing. I just looked there without any expression on my face. One more girl came and the whole crowd parted like the red sea.