X.

-

"the luck is gone,
it left me
so i wait my turn,
yeah i wait my turn."

-

"did you hear that?"

"hear what? i didn't hear anything-"

kieran holds up his hand to interrupt sam, and sure enough, three persistent knocks come from the door.

"hello, this is the manager along with the fire department. we understand there has been an issue. please open the door."

joe mutters ~profanities~ under his breath. "what do we do now? there's nowhere else to stay."

colin points at the door, "maybe we should come up with some detailed plan later. now, i think we should worry about the people about to knock down our door and kill us."

immediately panic! stirs among them, and the constant shouts and bangs heard from the door aren't really doing much to help ease their nerves.

"no," mutters sam, "i tried so hard to stay away from the po-po after the cake incident..."

eleanor laughs quietly and emma looks up, weirded out. "i am not even going to ask."

"yeah, yeah- we need to get out of here! i don't want to die, i'm too young to die."

colin rolls his eyes, and helps eleanor move the sofa against the door. "that should keep them back for now, but it'll only give us enough time to think up a plan to get us out."

emma goes over to the open windows, shrieking when joe pretends to push her out.

he smirks playfully, "aw, you don't think i'd actually push you?"

emma scoffs, "and i didn't think you'd flood the hotel room, either."

joe's smile fades, and this time emma's smirking, before turning around to face the others, who were looking at the other windows. "there's no way we could jump, or even climb down. there aren't any footholds—nothing," she says, hope no longer evident in her voice.

all of them shoot glares at joe, who puts up his arm in defence. "if sam and eleanor hadn't set the place on fire this would never have happened."

eleanor laughs awkwardly, not helping her case at all. sam shrugs, not caring.

but soon he does care, and he's yelling at eleanor. colin rushes to calm him down but nothing stops him. emma watches the situation, laughing in spite of it.

sam huffs, "if you hadn't wanted food, none of this would have happened!" eleanor sneezed, though it seemed fake. colin said 'bless you' anyway. sam raised an eyebrow at eleanor's fake ass sneeze.

"sorry, i'm allergic to your bullshit. if i recall correctly, you were the one who cooked it in the first place!"

sam protested, "yeah, but—"

"I'M TIRED OF ALL YOUR SORRY BUTTS. NO MORE BUTTS. JUST STOP."

kieran has been mostly silent this whole time, until now.

"guys, there's no point blaming each other. eleanor's always going to want food, you can't stop her. and sam's never going to learn how to cook—no offence. but that doesn't mean we can blame them; we're all to blame right now."

they all blink slowly at these wise words from kieran.

"i thought you were supposed to be the stupid one," eleanor points out. sam nods his head in agreement.