When he's sad: Donatello

Donnie's P.O.V

It was killing me. The picture that I took. I only looked at it once before printing it out on the best sheet of paper I could find and hanging it on the wall by my bed. It was totally fine then, but now that I see it every time I wake up and before I fall sleep...

I'm starting to think that meeting (Y/N) was a mistake. I should've just let her bump in to the street lights as she walked home. I should've just let her be. If I did that, she would've been together with a beautiful guy who would love her just as much as I do.

But no, look at me. I just had to say something, meet her and now se her together with a freak: me. It shouldn't hurt, because she looks to be really happy. But it does.

"Hello? You in here?" (Y/N) suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts when she came in to my room. I was laying on my bed, clearing my mind a bit. She smiled and layed down next to me. The picture instantly caught her attencion.

"How cute. Did you do this?" She asked me while wrapping an arm around mine. I smiled sadly and nodded, then explained when I took the picture. She listened carefully and nodded one in a while with small giggles to. Just listnening to it made my eyes tear up.

"What's wrong?" She asked while getting on top of me with her upped body. I took a deep breath - a way to keep myself together - and began to speak.

"It feels like I've done a huge mistake." I said as my eyes began to water up even more. She leaned down slightly and began to look like she was about to cry herself. I took another breath before continuing.

"Meeting you I mean" She leaned up slightly and looked down at me sadly. She definitely didn't expect this. I couldn't look her in the eyes, so I locked them on to the picture and continued.

"I shouldn't be the one laying down next to you. You deserve someone much better than me. Someone that doesn't have to hide in the sewers to let others live in piece. It feels wrong, seeing you and me together." I chocked out as she continued listnening to me. But, at this point it felt even more wrong to tell her this and not look in to her eyes. So, I turned my head twoards her and lope up once again.

"You're the most beautiful person I've ever known, both on the inside and outside. And seeing you together with a freak like me...it...it hurts. But even so, it's even more painful to see you without me. Who knows what could happen? And if it would, I would never be able to live with myself...You're the best thing that ever happened to me, and I don't want to loose you. I just wish that I would've been born handsome, and deserve you." My voice cracked at a few parts and a single tear ran down my cheek when I said the last part. She leaned down and hugged me quickly.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You may not think that you're beautiful, but you are, simply because you are who you are. You may not have five fingers or hair on your head, but that's what makes you special. You're not like the others, Donnie. So don't say stuff like that." She said as I broke in to tears and hugged her tightly.

It didn't take long for me to realize that she was right. (Y/N) was never interested in normal guys anyway. She had a hole in her heart that she wanted to fill in with someone special.

Now, I regret everything I've been thinking. Now I'm really happy that I stepped out in to the light on the day we met, because I ummidietly completed her at that moment. And she completed me. I may be someone that's a secret to the world, but that way (Y/N) has me all to herself. And normal guy's won't even be crossing her mind as long as I'm here.