Four

Pic-- Dante

I turned around, looking for the owner of the voice.
"Oh, silly, little Alice. Do you not remember me? Oh well, I can still help you."
I gasped when someone grabbed me.
"Oh Alice, I have missed you." the man purred in my ear.
"Who are you?"
"My name is Boris. Or is it? I can't remember. Its been so long since we've last seen eachother."
"Why can't I remember you?"
"You don't have all of your memories, that's why. I believe your father was trying to protect you. Princess."
"I'm not a princess! Let go of me!"
"Alice? Who are you yelling at?" Dante asked.
"I...nothing. I'm just tired."
"Then go to bed."
"I can't sleep Dante. I've slept enough for today."
"You're a foolish girl. Let's go." he grabbed my wrist.
"Dante, I'm fine, let go."
"Does it hurt?"
"Does what hurt?"
I looked down at my wrist and saw how tightly he was gripping my wrist.
"That's what I thought." He pushed me against the wall, "Who did this?"
"Dante, stop!"
"I'm sorry, just tell me who did this. Was it Carlisle? I swear he is a cocky bastard."
"It wasn't Carlisle. I chose this."
"You're going to get hurt."
"Since when do you care?"
"Since we were kids."
"I remember playing with you and Cade. You two were my best friends and you still are."
"Don't call me your friend. That ended long ago." he turned away from me.
"I don't care what you say, you are still my friend. I can't lose anymore people! Its hard enough being an orphan!"
The tears escaped my eyes.
"Damn it. You always got to me when you started crying. I'm sorry, Alice." He apologized and held me to him.
"Dante, I've lost my mind. I swear I am hearing voices calling out my name."
He held me by the shoulders and looked me over, "Are you sure? You must be tired, you should rest."
"No, I'm fine. I'll just be sure to tell you next time."
"Okay. Where are you off to?"
"The garden. Don't tell Carlisle, he will get upset with me."
"Okay, watch yourself. Goodbye Alice."
He walked off, clearly upset.
I wanted to say something, but what?
What could I say?
I'm usless when it comes to talking. Mother always said that I would be a quiet girl.
High school was difficult for me. I didn't have any friends and I never talked to my professors.
I didn't know what to say or how to say things without getting in trouble.
My father told me that I was very brave when I walked into the high school on the first day.
I said hello to everyone and I smiled. They didn't seem tI like me though. My hair was naturally white and I wore clothes that were different than theirs. My parents told me that they were jealous.
I don't see why? I'm not very pretty. Honestly all the girls were beautiful compared to me. I was just weird.
Oh, the garden is beautiful at night.
I picked up a rose.
"Ouch!" I dropped it and looked at my fingers.
They're cut.
"Alice, you cut your little fingers. You clumsy girl." Boris said.
"What do you want? You're not real!"
"I am very real. We used to play together as children. You really dont remember?" he pouted.
"No, I really don't."
"Aww, that sucks."
"Well, I don't know if I'd say that. Maybe I'll remember."
"That'll take too long. What am I supposed to do now?"
"I don't know, Boris. What are you going to do?"
His face lit up, "Well, this."
He grabbed me and kissed me.
Flashback:
I was in a big garden.
"Boris! This isn't fair! I don't want to play anymore!" I cried.
"Aww, I'm sorry Alice. I didn't mean to make you cry. Let's play a different game." He smiled.
Then the scene changed.
"Hey! You scared me." I giggled and kissed him.
"Well you deserved it. You meany." he teased.
"You're awful."
"You're fifteen and spoiled. What's the difference between us?"
"You've got a point."
"I know I do." he kissed me and we both laughed.
"Do you remember now?" he asked.
"Get away from me!" I pushed him away and fell to the ground.
"Alice! Who's there?" Justin ran towards me.
"I..I'm fine. I must have lost my balance because of a little spider on my hand." I lied.
"Oh thank heavens, you're okay. I was worried when I heard you scream."
"Thank you for your concern, but I was wanting some time to myself. Thank you."
He frowned, "Being alone isn't fun."
"I'm okay with being alone. I don't like being around people."
"You shouldn't be like that. Its bad for you."
"Are you a doctor now?"
"Yes, yes I am." he chuckled and walked alongside me.
"What am I to do with you?"
"Anything you wish, my dear lady." he said confidently.
"Then leave me be. I don't want to be around people right now."
"As you wish." he kissed my cheek and left.
I sighed.
Why am I here? What was the point in this?
"Alice, you shouldn't walk alone at night. Its dangerous." Carlisle stood up and closed his book.
"I...I needed some air. I'm sorry."
"How have you been since you woke up?"
"I've been well. How have you been?"
"I've been worried to hell and back about you surviving. That was a stupid stunt you and Cade pulled. Well there's no going back now. You will have to get accustomed to this life and you will attend school with us."
"I'm not good with school."
"Well you will be. You will act like a lady and you will do as you are told."
"But.."
"You will do as you are told, Alice." he narrowed his eyes.
"Yes, Carlisle. I will make sure and behave while attending this school."
What am I saying? I can't possibly go to school again.
"Good, your uniform will be put in your room. Make sure to be proper around the other students. You are the princess after all."
"What are you talking about? I'm not a princess!" I snapped.
"But you are. Learn how to behave like a lady."
"Leave me alone Carlisle! you're not my father!"
"He didn't do a very good job of raising you! It seems like I'll have to punish you for misbehaving." he pushed me against the wall and sank his fangs into me.
This time it just hurt. There was no pleasure.
The tears started to fall.
"I..I'm sorry Alice. I didn't mean to hurt you. I don't know what happened." he let me go and ran a hand through his hair.
"Its okay Carlisle. I'll be fine. I am tougher than I look."
"That is sadly true. I want you to return to your room. Get some rest."
"Okay, goodnight Carlisle." I kissed his cheek and walked to my room.
He looked upset at himself. I guess I would be too.
I'm not really mad at him for doing that, I'm just shocked.
"Hey, princess." Ryan was walking towards me.
"Hey."
"Are you feeling well?"
"Yes, I was going to my room."
"I will accompany you then."
"You don't have to."
"Well who else would I spend my time with?" the smell of liquor filled the air.
"Ryan, go to bed. You're drunk."
"But I want to be with you."
"No you don't. Go to bed."
"Alice I want to be with you even when I'm not drunk. I don't see why you keep denying me."
"Go. I don't want to speak to you."
"Alice." he growled and grabbed my wrists.
"I'm in love with you and everytime I'm near you my sanity unravels and I break on the inside. I want to be with you."
"Ryan, let her go. Cant you see that you are frightening her? You damn fool."
"Dante? You can't take her from me. You take everything from me."
"No I don't, you idiot. Go to bed. Or you can go to the lake and test your luck."
"Yours twisted, Dante."
"No, our father was. Now go, before I bring things up in front of Alice. You wouldn't like that, now would you?"
"You're just like dad."
Ryan let go of me and walked off.
"That idiot. I'm sorry you had to deal with him. I can't believe he started drinking again. Damned fool. He acts like an idiot every time he drinks." He frowned.
"Dante, are you okay?"
"Yeah, I just need to be with you right now."
"What?"
Dante hugged me.
There's something wrong. He usually is like this.
Flashback:
"Alice, I need You right now." Dante said crying.
"Are you okay? Did he hurt you again?"
"Yeah, he said I was like my dad. I'm nothing like him." He looked at me.
"Don't cry Dante. Its not like you to cry. You're tough and you are going to protect me like I try to protect you."
He wiped away his tears, "You're right, Alice."
"Dante, don't listen to him. He didn't mean it. You are nothing like that man. He was a horrible, twisted man."
He hugged me tighter.
"Plus you have to always protect me like I try to protect you."
He looked at me, "You remember that?"
"Of course I do."
"You're right Alice. I need to just ignore him. Thank you."
"Dante, if I had to be stuck with anyone, I'd rather it be you."
"What about the others?"
"They all drive me mad."
"But you still love them. I know you do."
"I don't remember them really. You and Cade were the only ones who would play with me as a child. That all I could remember."
"Ryan didn't want to be near you then. Justin didn't know how to play with a human girl. Then Carlisle wanted to be the best son."
"You didn't care what your dad thought."
"My dad and your dad made a deal back then. You were to marry one of is after your parents passed. Well there's no telling what's going to happen one he gets back."
"What's so important about me?"
"That's for you to find out princess." he took my hand and started to walk me to my room.
"Dante, why does everyone call me princess?"
"Because, you are one. You'll figure it out."
"I dont want to be a princess. That means I'm restricted."
"Less than you are here." he mumbled.
"What's the school like?"
"Its boring. Too bad break is almost over. I hate that place."
"I am terrible in school. I never speak after the first day."
"Well you're in the same grade as the triplets. I'm included in that."
"Triplets? Oh, you, Cade, and Ryan."
"Yeah, technically Ryan is the eldest. He was born twenty minutes before me. Big deal."
"Well, that makes more sense."
"Justin and Carlisle have a different mother. You would assume Carlisle would be the oldest. Nope, he's actually the youngest. Reigns over everyone."
I giggled, "He can't have that much power over you."
"Oh, but he can."
He opened my door, "Well I guess this is goodnight."
My heart sped up, "No, please stay. I don't want to be alone tonight."
"Alice, what's wrong? You're shaking."
"I just don't want to be alone."
"Okay, go get ready for bed. I'll wait here."
"Thank you Dante."
"Anything for you, Alice."