Test and Pain

***Jack's POV***

I had just laid down to sleep when I heard the movement of leaves as someone left my house.  I shot out of bed, shocked that someone had made it all the way to my home without me realizing it.

Alpha, I'm too weak to chase, but someone was just at my house.

You go to sleep Jack, I'll be there in a few seconds to see who it was. He responded.  I nodded to myself and crawled back on top of my blankets before falling asleep, the smell of pine and spring water filling my senses. 

***

JACKIE! WAKIE WAKIE!!!!! Iris screamed, well buzzed.  She was my bird form and she is the only way for me to be positive that the new alpha is my mate.

I'm awake. I said to her.  I slowly got out of bed and made myself a sandwich.  Alpha, did you find out who was at my house? I asked.

It was the visiting Alpha, he had come across it and was just inspecting it.  I'm not sure how you didn't smell him coming. Mike said.

Probably because his smell was already filling my senses so I didn't realize that he had come to the house. I thought. I'm not sure. I responded.  

JACKIE!!!! I want to fly, please, this will be so much fun!  Iris said.  I couldn't help but smile, she was by far my favorite form.  

Alright Iris, calm those wings.  I said with a laugh as I stepped out of the cottage and took a deep breath, trying to figure out where the alpha was.  I caught wind of him at the creek about 15 meters from my home.  I quickly shifted into Iris, I had to be cautious because she was a hummingbird, a bee hummingbird to be exact.  Since she was so small and not native, I had to be careful so that I didn't get caught or eaten.  I quickly flew those 15 meters to the creek, the flowers there was an attraction to a lot of Giant Hummingbirds.  I quickly flew to one, needing to keep up my animalistic appearance. 

"Now, are you not the strangest looking hummingbird I ever did see?" I heard his voice say and immediately flew off.  I stayed in the trees until I saw him, he had been sitting right behind me and I didn't notice because he had filled his hair and hands with flowers so that he blended with his surroundings.  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, but if I didn't know better, you are supposed to be where it's warm year around, not a temperate zone."  He said as he looked up.  The giant hummingbirds still surrounding him, as if he wasn't there.  I cautiously flew down, wanting to know if my bird instinct had indeed imprinted on him.  I first shifted into her when I was three, I had been caught by a cat and was afraid that I was going to be eaten because I couldn't calm myself down enough to shift into something bigger.  Suddenly, a boy, who couldn't been much older than 6 came and shooed the cat away.  He then carefully picked me up and took care of me for the next few days until I had the strength to fly off.  During that time, my bird had imprinted on him, causing me to have a permanent bond with him.  I wanted to find him after the accident took my family, but I found Mike first and my wolf automatically latched onto him.

"Don't be shy, come to Louis." He said softly and Iris automatically took over and flew to him. He held out his hand, allowing her/me to land in it. Iris seemed perfectly content with where she was and that was when it finally hit me, he was truly indeed my mate.

He smirked at me once I finally realized it, "It's been too long, Iris, or should I call you Jack." I immediately took off and flew into the trees before shifting back to my human self.

It's not possible, there is no possible way that I have a mate.  I kept chanting in my head.  I'm a warrior, a 6 gen. to be exact.  There is no possible way that he is my mate.  I heard him move as he stood and walked toward me.