Time to Decide

"Haydn, what do I do?  I technically can live without him, but that means the rest of my life is like drowning, on the other hand, I will only be able to shift into his forms, and you, but since he is the 'dominant' that means that I have to be lesser than he is.  I can't be there, I'm built to be stronger, I need to be stronger, I've worked hard for all those forms and he had to go and RUIN IT!" I said with a shout.  I was sitting at the top of a pine tree in phoenix form.  I was out in the middle of no where but at this moment, I didn't care, if my pack needed help, Louis would protect them.  It's something that the males of a mating pair have ingrained in them.  They have to help their mates loved ones, I heard the snap of a branch and immediately went into attack mode, ready for anything.  

"Daddy, is it possible to see mommy today? I need to see if she can boost my powers, the girl is strong enough to defend herself against them."  I heard from below me.  I glanced down and my eyes immediately zoned in on the raven haired child who attacked me.  Automatically I rolled my neck, the spot where she bit was long gone and in it's place was a birthmark, but I could still feel the pain of when her fangs pierced my skin.  I wanted to go attack her, but my phoenix wasn't the best creature for attacking, he could defend himself, but to initiate an attack wasn't a smart idea.  I decided to follow them, making sure to stay out of sight so I didn't have to worry about an attack.  

"Sure pumpkin, besides, I think mommy wants to see you as well."  He said as he and the rest of the rogue pack lead her through the woods.  The formation they held seemed as if she was their responsibility.  Her and her 'daddy' were in the middle while the rest were either in wolf or human form surrounding them.  I continued to coast above them, hoping that they wouldn't see me.  It wasn't very long before I felt like I hit a wall, literally.  They kept walking but I was blocked from going any further.

It's a witch, only those who she allows can enter her region of the forest. Haydn said.  I mentally nodded and we followed the path of the force field in hopes of finding a weak spot.  Eventually, we found a hole, it was strange, but we decided that we had to see what was going on inside this region of the forest.  The moment we slipped through the wall, the temperature dropped and all light seemed to cease to exist.  Everything looked dead or dying, a black cloud of smoke coming up from a string of dead trees.  

Haydn, I think now would be a good time to become a black phoenix. I said to him.  I felt a tingle of power and then looked down, noticing that he had indeed listened to my request and turned us into a black phoenix.  I continued to glide forward, praying that whoever was here didn't notice my entry.

***Louis's POV***

I caused her to loose her forms? I thought, I couldn't believe it, I tried to think of a way to fix it, but I couldn't find a single way.  

"Ariel, how do I fix it?" I asked her.

"I can't tell you that sire, if I do, it seals her fate, if I refrain from telling you and you figure it out on your own, then there is a chance that she could earn her forms back, but for now, she has none." Ariel said.

"She has one, not none." I corrected.

"What do you mean? It's not possible, she has to start over completely on her forms." Amethyst said.

"There always has to be a phoenix." I mumbled quietly, thinking back.  I thought it was strange, her not wearing her glasses, she always wore them, I barely caught a glimpse of them before she took off in her bear form.  I was too busy trying to figure out a way to introduce her to my pack and father that I didn't really notice her eyes.  I swear though that they weren't the bright golden orange that I saw when she was trying to heal Mike.