Sectoral Heterochromea pt. 3

Maya had spent the night Riley's house the night before prom and as per tradition the two of them watched movies all through getting ready. Maya looked down at her left hand to see the ring Riley had given her for their engagement, the blonde smiled and looked up at the brunette was painting her nails a soft shade of pink and her thumbs a soft blue to match her fiancé's eyes. The blonde smiled and blushed softly when Riley kissed her hand lovingly, and kissed her ring finger especially. "I'm really glad you're wearing my ring." Riley said before standing up and moving over to her vanity and began putting make up on Maya's face with a big smile.

"How did you're parents react when you told them?" Maya asked curiously and relaxed her face to make it easy for Riley to do the make up, the blonde sucked her lips into her mouth making a straight line so she wouldn't get foundation on her lips.

"They were concerned of course, me being so young." Riley said, Maya adored the brunette's slight French accent. "But they knew its what would make me happy." Riley said honestly and pressed a soft kiss onto Maya's lips when the blonde's eyes were closed. "They know that you make me happy." Riley said and began putting the blush on the pale blonde.

"My mom kinda freaked out." Maya said honestly and closed her eyes to let Riley do her eye shadow. "She made a big deal about how since you were my first girlfriend... Or partner in general how could I know if it was you I wanted to spend the rest of my life with." Maya said and felt Rile stop.

"Well.. Am I?" Riley asked and Maya opened her eyes and nodded.

"I can't tell you the amount of change I made as a person just being with you in this amazing 1 1/2 years." Maya said and stood up, she leaned in and kissed Riley lovingly, glad the brunette's hair was already up in a sophisticated bun so she could slide her hand to the back of her neck as she deepened the kiss. To be honest Riley was the one who almost always initiated the kisses because Maya was always to shy to do it herself and Riley was surprised by Maya's newfound confidence to make the first move. "I love you so much Riley. And no one and nothing could make me change my mind on that." The blonde said staring to Riley's eyes and after a few moments of reassuring hugs and comfortable silence the two girls got back to work on getting ready for the prom.

Maya and Riley walked in the building hand in hand with the big 'Prom Court' sash around their chests and they walked over to the camera area and got pictures of them being a cutesy prom couple, making sure to face the right so you could see the rings on their fingers. The two got out as soon as the cameraman told them they could go and they made their way to the dance floor where the music was blaring and people they didn't know dance. The blonde go dragged over to the voting table and looked at the brunette. "Do I punch out the hole next to our names or fill them in?" Maya asked as she adjusted her pink dress that was very simple and very her, it was a strapless and had a sweet heart neckline and an empire cut that flowed all the way to the gown.

"Fill them in." Riley said and giggled softly as she dropped her ballot in the box and kissed Maya's cheek lovingly and looked around to see one of the guys on the prom court running up against Maya.

"Hi, Lucas Friar." He said a bit loudly knowing if he didn't they wouldn't hear him. "I just want to say congrats." He said leaning closer to the two so they could hear better.

"On what?" Riley asked before feeling Maya wrap an arm around her waist. The brunette smiled down at Maya and planted a soft kiss on her lips absentmindedly forgetting Lucas was there completely.

"On you two getting engaged. I think its fantastic to have some representation from the lgbt community on the prom court." Lucas said honestly and hoped He was being loud enough.

"Th-t-thanks." Maya said stuttering softly and looking at him with a small smile.

Hours passed by and the only time Riley and Maya really danced was to the slow songs and those were few and far between, they mostly sat at the side line and talked. The brunette smiled lovingly at Maya and she leaned her head on the blonde's shoulder. "Did I ever tell you why I came over to America?" Riley asked and Maya shook her head as she held Riley's hands and strokes the back of them lovingly. "I know this might be hard to believe but I came here because my mom and dad wanted me to be closer to my therapist." Riley said looking down at her hands that were enveloped in Maya's.

"Why did you have a therapist?" Maya asked out of curiosity and kissed the tan girl's hands lovingly.

"Because I used to be really depressed." Riley said looking into Maya's eyes as she tilted her head up. "So depressed my last day in Paris was in a mental health clinic." She said honestly and Maya looked down at Riley a bit concerned.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Maya asked and bit her lip as she squeezed the brunette's hands seeing small tears well up in the French girl's eyes.

"Because when I first met you, I felt happy, I don't know how I knew it but I knew my life needed you in it." Riley said and wiped the tears out of her eyes. "And now I have you, and I can't promise that it won't happen again, but you've made me the happiest I've been since I was 6." Riley said looking at Maya, the blonde leaned in and gave Riley a passionate kis and reluctantly pulled back when she heard for all the people on the prom court to go up on the stage. The two girls walked up the stage arm in arm until Maya had to go to the opposite side of the stage and stand next to Lucas.

"And your prom Queen is..." The announcer said before opening the card. "Riley Matthews!" The brunette looked ecstatic as the teacher placed the crown on her head.

"Now for your prom king..." The announcer said before taking a big breath in. "Lucas Friar!" Maya had to admit she would be really upset to see Riley dance with some one other than her but she decided she could brave it out for one song and clapped a little for the boy who stood next to her.

"I know it is American tradition for Prom King and Queen to dance... But I was wondering if I could dance with my Queen instead." Riley said as she and Lucas walked down the stage steps and Lucas nodded.

"Yeah and I'll go find my King to go dance with." Lucas said giving Riley a little wink before disappearing into the crowd and came back with a much shorter guy than himself who had floppy hair.

The brunette pulled Maya over to dance with her and the two leaned their foreheads against each other's and slowly danced to the song "Made For Loving You." The blonde blushed as she held Riley by her waist and kissed her lovingly. "All that I know is darling, that I was made for loving you." Maya whispered softly as she kissed Riley's cheek.