Mike's Plans&A Lightning Show

The sun had now set and only the light of the moon was our guide. As the darkness settled in our vision became more clear with the help of our wolves. We ran with a deadly force throughout the land and quickly made our way to the hills. The growls and snapping of the rogues were clearly heard. One thing about rogues that worked to our advantage was the fact that rogues can't stand other wolves and that means other rogues as well. So even though they're on the same side they'll end up fight each other too.

Dead ahead, we need to split into two! My father linked.

Not two groups, three. I replied as we ran faster. Two smaller groups need to split off from the sides. Each group takes a side, east and west. The third and biggest group goes for the front. This should keep them from splitting off and making it to the castle. My father nodded in agreement and then linked all the wolves.

Prince Julian. Dragon linked while catching up to flank me.

Dragon, glad you could make it. Where have you been all night?

I've been busy but I'm here now and that's what counts. His words made me curious. Something was off about him I just couldn't pin point the emotions coming from him. Your dad and Alec is taking the east and Samuel is taking the west. That leaves me and you to take the frontline, are you ready kid?

I was born ready. I growled and quickened my pace. Dragon and the rest of the frontline followed my lead as the two outer groups split off. The trees quickly began to thin out. A howl sounded off in the near distance and suddenly wolves came storming through. With teeth bared I charged and leaped for the closest wolf. Digging my claws into his side I pulled him down and rolled causing him to be pinned underneath myself. Extracting one paw I quickly swiped it over his exposed throat. His dying howl pierced the air as his eyes turned ghostly.

With only one thing on my mind I left him and spotted my next kill, a golden brown rogue attacking a young looking alpha. With deadly speed I raced through the the trees and tackled him. As we went tumbling away from the alpha the wolf was able to dig his claws into my ribs. Ignoring the pain I managed to get to my feet once we stopped rolling. Not giving the rogue time to get up I lunged for his throat. My teeth sunk deep into the fleshy meat and with a tight force I ripped his jugular out.

One by one I pinned down my enemy and ended their life, as I did so I made my way out of the dense forest and into a clearing. What use to be green fields were now covered in blood and bodies. I couldn't see the hot red liquid but I smelled it. The moon's lightning only shown the grass to look wet. Over the large acreage of land I couldn't see or sense my mate, mother, or sister. I opened my link up for every wolf and listened to any chatter. Most of the chatter was war cries and violent threats but a certain conversation caught my attention.

Quickly I sprinted off while listening to the chatter.

How could you? That's my mate, your future queen! Samuel's voice was full of betrayal. He was angry yet saddened. I told her not to trust you Jimmy, but she can't help but look at only the good in people. She saw the good in you and ignored the bad and you took advantage of that.

I'm sorry, I really am. Mike said he'd kill my father if I didn't do this! Please understand, my father isn't stable and I'm the only family he has left, I had to save him! There was pleading in his voice and that sickened me. Just as I reached the two wolves I saw Samuel's defense drop and knew he wouldn't kill the man. Without a thought I leaped for the traitorous guard and snapped his neck. He fell limp to the ground. His body shifted back to his human self. Samuel looked to me with guilt.

Why did you kill him?

Traitor. Was my only reply.

Yes, but we could have worked something out with him, he had a reason for his actions.