Returning Home

"Prince Julian." A knock sounded causing me to turn over in the bed. "Prince Julian it's time to get up." Groaning I got up and walked to the door. Opening it I leaned against the frame.

"What's on the schedule today Dragon?" I asked tiredly. Dragon stood just a inch shorter than me at six one. His head was shaved bald and his arms were covered in fierce looking tattoos.

"You're going home." He smiled. Instantly I was wide awake.

"Really?" I asked with a laugh.

"Really. I've trained you harder and longer than any of my other students. You know everything I know, now it's time to pack and head home. Your parents believe you're old enough and strong enough to take care of yourself and so do I. Congratulations." He said patting my back. I laughed and hugged him.

"You don't know how long I've waited for this!" I said as I ran across the room to the large dresser. I quickly began to pack my belongings. "I wonder if they've found anything on my sister. You know even though it's been six months since I last saw them I'm sure they've gotten closer to finding her."

When I was younger both or at least one of them would visit me multiple times a week. As I got into my early teens it changed to about once a week or every two weeks. When I became a young man it dropped to at least once a month. I didn't mind, in fact I was getting a bit tired of mom visiting and asking all the same questions.

How have you been? Are you getting three meals a day? Have you eaten today? Are you hungry now? Are you eating healthy? I mean every visit it was the same. I knew she was only worried and missed me but honestly it drove me crazy.

"Prince Julian, please-"

"Dragon, you're practically family, stoping calling me prince." I huffed as I threw shoes and what smelled like dirty socks into a bag.

"Julian, please understand that your sister has been missing for nineteen years. Your parents have searched this country from border to border. If she was here then they would have already found her." I stopped and stood tall.

"That's our problem! We've only searched this country. There's a whole world waiting to be searched. What if she's out there right now searching for us, for her real family. Why hasn't mom and dad left and searched for her anyways?" Dragon sighed. We've had this conversation multiple times but I still don't get it.

"Julian, your parent's domain is here. They have a duty to stay here and protect their kingdom, they have a responsibility to make sure there is peace and that nothing goes wrong. They are the only peacekeepers available so they have to stay here. Don't you think it kills your mother that she can't go looking for her daughter." I knew he was right but there has to be a way for us to find Jewel. I continued to pack my things hoping to find a solution while doing so.

After a few minutes I looked up to see Dragon still standing there. "When does my jet arrive?"

"It's already here. Just take what you need and the rest will be shipped in a few days." He turned around and left. I grabbed the three bags I already had stuffed and followed suit. As we made it out to the jet I looked at what had been my home since I was a young pup. Though I didn't have much of a childhood I had a lot of memories and life lessons here. I would miss this place and of course Dragon as well but I am ready to go home. A lot of people would think of this life as a lonely one but honestly it wasn't. The staff kept my spirits high and Dragon kept me busy. I also had visits from my grandfather, thing one, thing two, and thing three, otherwise known as Maria, Maggie, and Suzzie.

"Well young prince, it has been an honor training you and getting to see you grow." Dragon said then bowed respectfully. I retuned the bow.

"And an honor it's been for me as well. Not only where you my mentor but my friend. I'll miss all our early morning workouts." We both chuckled knowing how big of a lie that was. He held his hand out and I took it firmly. "See you later."