Baby Whisperer (Ambrollins)

Dean hated having to ride the bus when he had his son Mason with him, but today was the hottest day of the year and Dean had left his stroller in his car that was getting fixed. It wasn't this hot when Dean had walked Mason to daycare this morning, but he knew walking 2 miles  home in 90 degree weather with a 2 year old wouldn't work. So he found himself and his son sitting in a hot, stuffy bus, waiting for their stop.

But Mason's crying only made it worse, Dean bouncing him up and down on his knee, trying to calm him down.

"Hey buddy, what's wrong?" Dean cooed in Mason's ear, trying to calm his whining. Mason only continued, him gradually getting louder. "Don't worry, we're almost home."

Dean held his hands on different sides of Mason and held his palms facing up, trying to take Mason's hands. Dean's touch only set Mason off, him letting out a wail that made people around them glare at the two. Dean only glared back, making them turn back around and mind their own business.

"Mason, you'll be going straight to bed if you don't stop and tell me what's wrong." Mason didn't like Dean's statement, him starting to cry loudly. Dean cursed himself, remembering that he read somewhere not to punish your kids for their feelings, try to get them to talk to you about it. Dean sighed and lifted Mason, turning him around to face Dean "Mason baby, can you tell me what's wrong?" Dean pleaded. "Are you hungry, thirsty, tired?"

Mason had his attention elsewhere, his crying calming down to soft whimpers as he tried to wipe the tears from his eyes. Dean wiped Mason's tears away with his thumbs, then turning around to see where Mason's attention was directed at. He was a guy who was sitting diagonal from them, a few rows back and was smiling at Mason, then making a silly face that replaced Mason's whimpering with laughter. Dean smiled, glad somebody was helping him with his son's crying.

Plus, the guy was really attractive, Dean couldn't lie. He had half-blond half-brown hair which he pulled off quite well, and he was mesmerized by dark brown eyes, plus he had a nicely trimmed beard that made him look even hotter. Dean's eyes trailed down his body, the guy's shoulders and arms bulging through his t-shirt, and he was pretty sure he had a six pack under his shirt.

When Dean looked back up, he met the guy's eyes and saw he was smirking at him, knowing that Dean had just been checking him out so shamelessly in front of his son. Dean smirked back, then turning his attention back to now loudly laughing Mason.

"Just needed to be entertained, didn't ya?" Dean asked Mason, putting his hands on his hips. The bus came to a stop and Dean put the diaper bag on his shoulder and set Mason on his hip, standing up and walking down the aisle to get off the bus. Once off the bus, Dean bent down to set Mason on his feet, but stopped when he heard Mason whine and wrap his arms around Dean's neck.

"No Daddy." Mason whined, Dean sighing as he stood back up straight and felt Mason lay his head on Dean's shoulder.

"Too tired to walk buddy?" Dean turned his head to see the same guy from the bus. "Don't worry, I'm not following you. I have to walk this way to get home too."

"You live near?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, I live in the townhouses on Third."

"We do too!" Dean nodded. "Well, I'm Dean, and this is Mason."

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Seth." Dean twisted his left hand to shake Seth's outstretched hand, Seth chuckling lightly at Dean.

"Thanks for helping on the bus. Not sure what was wrong with him back there." Dean shrugged Mason a little bit higher on his hip.

"Here, let me hold that for you." Seth took the diaper bag from Dean before he could protest, hanging it on his shoulder.

"Oh no, you don't have to." Dean reached out to get the bag back. He hated getting help, he was independent, and could take care of himself.