Chapter 3

chapter 3
maddy's p.o.v🐳
(Sorry it's all maddy's p.o.v, I'll switch it up soon)
Most the car ride was a blur. So many things running through my mind. This isn't something people think about everyday, nor should they. This is only supposed to happen in t.v shows, right?
I guess not. Well I mean, it's happening, right?
In the midst of all these thoughts, something struck me. Like lightning. Mom and dad. What happened to them? They're the reason why this is happening, well as far as I know.
"Sir, what's your name?" I asked the police, trying to keep my cool.
"Officer Dave," he simply replied.
"Okay um... Well... Officer Dave, what happened to my mommy and daddy? Are they coming back?" I asked.
"It's none of your concern," he replied rather rudely.
For the rest of the ride I remained silent. Partially because I feared the man, but mostly because my mind was occupied thinking about my "new" life.
Another thought violently hit me. (GOD DANG IT WHY DOES MY LIFE HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED?!) What if I get adopted during the time I'm there? Will I still get to be with Shawn?
I really didn't want to know actually. Like I said before, I remained silent until we arrived.
When we did arrive, officer Dave walked me into the large building. He told me that Ms. Tasha would take it from here, then he left me.
I didn't know who "Ms. Tasha" was, so I just sat on a bench waiting for someone to come get me.
"Hello?" I heard a voice call from around the corner.
"Um... Hi?" I called after the voice.
"Oh well hello there! You must be Maddy. I'm Ms. Tasha!" The lady informed me as she approached.
(YES I KNOW THE ORPHANAGE LADY IS SUPPOSED TO BE MEAN BUT IM TRYING TO KEEP THINGS AS REAL AS POSSIBLE)
"Oh. Hi," I nervously replied.
"Follow me, I'll introduce you to everyone."
So the lady rung some bell and tons of girls came running. I'm not the most social person ever, as you might have already predicted. So I just followed closely behind Ms.Tasha with my long brown hair somewhat covering my face.
The girls were of all shapes and sizes. Most looked older than me, actually all of them looked older than me.
"Line up everyone!" Ms. Tasha called, and all the girls seemed to know exactly their spot to stand.
"Alright ladies, introduce yourselves to Maddy," Ms. Tasha instructed.
There was a total of 6 girls besides me, and I was quite intimidated by all of them.
"Hello! My name is Elizabeth, but I go by Liz. I'm 10 years old in 5th grade, and my favorite singer is Demi Lovato," said the first girl in the line.
Well I'm 8 years old in third grade, and I actually hate Demi Lovato so I see no connection there.
"Hi my names Celeste and I go by Celeste... I'm 14 years old in 8th grade and my favorite bands are pierce the veil, black veil brides, and slayer. Oh and Summer is my sister."
Well once again I'm 8... And I'm not sure who those bands are, but the names themselves scare me...
"Hi I'm Summer!! I'm also 14 in 8th grade, my favorite singers are Lana Del Ray and Taylor swift, and Celeste is my twin!"
She's way too bubbly for me... End of story.
"I'm Faith, 15, Sophomore in High school, and I like Christian music."
Oh yay. My people.
The next girl simply stood there and didn't talk... She had black hair that completely covered her face... And was wearing dark makeup with a very scary outfit...
"Okay next!" Called Ms. Tasha. Huh...
"Hey I'm Ashton, I'm 17 years old in my senior year of high school, and I like to listen to Shawn Mendes.
Oh Gosh.
"Alright Maddy, it's your turn. Since it's your first time here, we like to simply ask you questions we wanna know," explained Ms. Tasha.
The thought of speaking scared me.
"How old are you Maddy?"
"8"
"What grade are you in?"
"3rd"
"What kind of music do you like"
"Um... Well Christian and Shawn Mendes I guess..."
"What's your favorite color?"
"Pink"
"When's your birthday?"
"September 3rd"
"What is your favorite number?"
"3"
After what felt like an eternity, Ms. Tasha said,
"That's enough for today girls, you can head back to free time, follow me Maddy. I'll show you your room," Said Ms. Tasha.
Without any words I simply followed Ms. Tasha up the stairs to a long hallway filled with white decorated doors. There was one door with no decorations, which I assumed was mine.
I assumed correctly, and me and Ms. Tasha walked into the room and to my surprise, it was quite large.
"I know it's very bare, but that's just temporary. Tomorrow we will go shopping and we can pick out your room theme."
I simply smiled and nodded, I still didn't feel like speaking. The whole idea of living here was too new, and it all felt so surreal.
"Oh yeah, you start up school on Thursday," she called back, as she exited my room.
Well today was Monday. That's only two days off. Where's my time to think?
I watched the lady walk out of my room, and I sat down on my ugly bare bed. I noticed a phone sitting on my bedside table, labeled Maddy. I picked up the phone and called Shawn's number.
"Hello this is Shawn," he answered the phone, obviously not recognizing the number.
"Hey big brother, it's Maddy"
"Oh hey baby sister, how is everything?"
"Horrible. I miss you so much. I just want my family back. I don't know any of the people here, and none of them are my age!" I began to cry, thinking about what my life had become.
"I know how horrible this must be for you. I'm so sorry things ended up like this"
"No you do not know how how horrible this is. Shawn, you don't know half of everything you've put me through. All because you're famous, we got separated, I was put in this dump, and I bet the whole reason mom and dad left was because of you too. You don't care how I feel. You're too busy being famous and having everyone love you to remember the people who YOU love. Or at least who you loved... SHAWN NO ONE LOVES ME. You have basically the whole world to care about you, and to look after you. As for me, you, mom, and dad were all who loved me. Mom and dad are gone, and now I'm questioning if you even love me. Shawn, I -" he interrupted me.
"Maddy, why would you even say that? You know I love you, and you have so many other people who love you too. Not the whole world cares about me. You don't know the kinds of hate I get everyday -" I interrupted him back.
"Shawn I don't want to talk to you right now. You don't realize the crap you've put me through, compared to some rude remark from a person you don't even know or care about." (OOH I CUSSED IF SHAWN WERE HERE HE'D YELL AT ME OOOOHH)
I hung up the phone.
I really didn't want to hang up the phone, after all, Shawn was the only person who may or may not have cared about me. He was the only one I could turn to and cry with, and there were a lot of reasons to cry.
Shawn tried calling me a lot more that night, but I ignored his calls. I just wanted to die.
I'M 8 YEARS OLD I SHOULDN'T BE HAVING THESE SUICIDAL THOUGHTS WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR GENERATION?
I laid my head down on my pillow, and slowly but surely, my mind drifted off into a world of relaxation and peace...

Want updates on my books?
Instagram: @_calibraskuh_⚓️

Wanna follow my main?
Instagram: @_jordanmendes_🍉

Twitter: @_jordanmendes_🐳