Prologue

Year 2017, Zoe was still 6 years old. It was a cold breezy winter night of Christmas. Zoe and her family was celebrating Christmas together with her best friend, Gabriel's family.

Zoe excitedly went to her best friend Gabriel to give her Christmas present.

"Gabriel, here's my Christmas present! So what about mine? Where is it?" Zoe asked.

Gabriel who was holding a warm chocolate milk on his tiny hands, faced Zoe who was running to him at full speed.

"Yours? I didn't prepare any." Gabriel said, calmly.

"Gabriel! Your so mean! And I tried so hard to find you one." Zoe pouted while holding a small box in her hand.

Gabriel looked in Zoe's hand, still carrying a small box with a tag hanging around it. He looked at the tag and saw something written in it. 'To my treasured best friend Gabriel.' As Gabriel looked at it, he smiled and laughed a little.

"I was just joking. Here's your Christmas present. " Gabriel said, while handing over a tiny box that he hid in his pocket.

Zoe saw the gift Henry was holding out she was very delighted and took it quickly while giving her gift to Gabriel.

"Yay! Thank you Gabriel!" Zoe said while hugging Gabriel tightly.

When she let Gabriel go, she opened the gift Gabriel gave and saw a cute silver necklace with a small real diamond hanging in the middle, inside. Zoe's eyes glittered with delight and happiness. She held it in her tiny hand then wore it.

"Gabriel, is this the necklace at the jewelry store near our school?" Zoe asked happily.

Gabriel nodded. "Yeah, it is. I noticed how much you really liked that necklace every time we walk to school. When we come across that store you would always stare at it. So I thought that you might like it." Gabriel said.

Zoe hugged Gabriel again saying your the greatest best friend ever! Zoe then ran to her parents who were talking to Gabriel's parents. After all, just like them, Zoe's parent and Gabriel's parents are also best friends.

"Mom! Mom! Look! Gabriel gave me a pretty necklace!" Zoe said happily, interrupting their talk.

Zoe's mom took her in her mother's arms and hugged her tightly. Zoe saw Gabriel in the Christmas tree where he gave Zoe the Christmas present. Gabriel stared at her with his cheeks pink. Zoe realized as soon as she saw Gabriel, she knew Gabriel was embarrassed.

She smiled delightedly at Gabriel, then looked at Gabriel's parents who were calling for him.

"Gabriel, sweety. Come over here." his mom called.

Gabriel went to his mother and he was also carried by his mother's arms. Gabriel, held unto his mother tightly while looking at Zoe's direction.

"Is that the reason why you were saving your money?" his mother asked.

Gabriel's face became reddish. He was embarrassed and at the same time happy. He tried so hard to save a lot of money to give Zoe that beautiful silver necklace with a small real diamond on it. He saved all his lunch money and did some extra cleaning in their house so his parents would give him some rewards so he can save enough money for the necklace Zoe have always wanted.

Zoe was very happy at what Gabriel did for her. She asked her mom to put her down and when her mother put her down, Gabriel's mother did the same to Gabriel.

When they were both on the floor, Zoe ran to Gabriel and hugged him very tight.

Zoe played with Gabriel the whole night until they finally fell asleep on the couch siting side by side while being covered by some jacket.