Mission Finished

Point of view:
               Arisa Cage

               The blacksmith asked me to kill him but the organization sked me to protect him. What should I do? I can't fathom what that man is thinking. I require master's help. Now that I know what he needs, I can call master now and ask him what to do. Since his our senior, he'll have to take all responsibilities. So with that thought in mind, I quickly dialed master's number and asked him to come over, same with Casper. We met up in the male's dormitory and held our discussion there. At first, master was pissed off at me because I didn't contact them right after I found him but when I explained to him about what happened to us in the past he onky remained quiet. Casper on the other hand was saddened by my decision for not telling him anything, 2 weeks passed as they did their meaningless search. I only apologized to them.

"But now that we know the old man only wabts to be killed, then what should we do? Mr. Guren asked us to secure him." Casper said and I looked at master, asking for answers.
"Isn't it obvious? We only have to do what our superiors asked us. What the old man wants is none of our business." Master plainly said, and I agree with him completely.

               But if we take the blacksmith with us, then that means Ace will be left all alone. I refrained from telling them anything about Ace, because just like how the old man thought, I don't want Ace to be locked inside a facility in the organization.

               As we continued this discussion, I suddenly heard a racket outside, so we quickly left our seats and checked what was going on. And what we saw, just above the trees in the forest, a flock of winged vampires carrying the old man off. I was shaken by what I saw. I've never witnessed a vampire with wings before. This vampire was of a different race. By seeing that creature flapping its wings, I realized that the vampires has started to evolve and that the humans are even in greater danger.

               Vampires evolving and carrying the greatest blacksmith with them, is certainly an alarming trouble. I hurriedly chased after it, master and Casper did the same. We could not allow the vampires take him with them, not only would we fail our mission but this will also put humanity in greater disadvantage. As we chased this vampire, I realised this vampire was completely unaffected by the ray of the sun. They weren't having trouble against the blinding sunlight, or maybe, the cloak his wearing is what's protecting them. But even so, surrounded by such bright light, they should be feeling it more even if they are covered well.

              We quickly dashed to the forest. I went to their cabin and decided to take my katana back, while Master and Casper chased after them, trying not to loose them. As I headed to the cabin, Ace handed me the katana with worry and I smiled at him, we'll do what we can. I greeted him and ran after his grandfather. As I run to chase the others, I took a quick glance at Ace and he was showing a very worried expression.

               When I arrived at the scene, I saw master and Casper doing their best to hit their target mid-air but at the same time keeping the old man alive. It was looking pretty hopeless so I thought I'll kill the vampire myself. I wanted to take a huge leap and snatch the old man while I'm in the air and take him back to the ground, but before I could jump, the old man shouted to kill him and we all stared at him in surprise.

"Just kill me, this is the best chance we have." He plainly said and I was starting to waver. I looked at master and he hesitantly looked back to me.
"We can't kill the vampire like this, but if we can't we won't be able to get the guy back." Master was troubled. It was daylight and Casper was with us so he can't use me to get the blacksmith back.
"We don't have a choice, kill the old man along with the vampire." Master ordered and we decided to obey obediently.

                I harshly threw my katana at the flying old man and the blade passed his chest and went through the man behind him, the vampire carrying him. And so when they fell, we hurriedly rushed to their side and the vampire stood up wanting to escape from us. He was gravely wounded so just standing up was already a difficult thing to do. I went to the old man's side while master and Casper chased after the remaining vampires.

"Thank you." The man simply said and smiled at me, "Please take care of Ace for me." He asked as his smile slowly faded along with the warmth on his body.

               I couldn't say anything in return. So when the team got back, master sighed in relief. I looked at master in curiosity.

"Senior?" I asked him and he only looked at me.
"Arisa, we're not part of the organization. We came to spy and tell our headquarters what's going on. We're spies, so we have to judge whether it is good or not for their organization and our headquarters. Then when you get the general idea, you got to scale whether which is more important than the other, our headquarters or their organization? And in this mission, I claim giving someone like him to them is such a waste. As much as possible, we can't let this half-assed organization grow. That guy is right, humans and vampires will do whatever they can to get their hands on what they want, and in his case, I'd want him dead rather than giving vampires a chance to get their hands on a treasure like him. His judgement was right." He simply told me and gestured me to clean up after the old man and I only looked at the old man in with respect and nodded.