vi

harry carefully watched as louis breathed in and out, making it obvious that he was still nervous about something. "you know you can tell me if anything's bothering you, right?" louis nodded and rolled over to the other side of the bed, rubbing his face with his hands desperately.

"my dad-" he took a shallow breath before looking over at harry and rubbing his eyes to keep himself from crying. "my dad got struck my lightning. paralysed from the waist up." he sniffled and his his face with his hands, palms drying his eyes. "i've been afraid ever since."

harry only stared at him, pulling the sheets over louis and snuggling him into them, making louis look up questionably. "you have to rest, and try to forget about everything that has happened." louis chuckled but shook his head, taking the sheets off.

"i must seem so pathetic right now, we're not spending this day in bed. tell me whatever you want to do." louis smiled as soon as his tears were dried and he sat up, making harry nod because this is what louis wanted.

harry thought of what to do and we soon as he knew, he sat up next to louis and wrapped his arm around him. "we are going to the gay pride parade." louis' eyes opened widely and he looked up at harry, biting down on his lip harshly. "please don't tell me you're a homophobe."

"no, no, my mum is though. i don't want to ask her, she'll be mad." that was true and he wants to smack himself as soon as he saw harry pout. "you mediocre manipulative little piece of string cheese, put you clothes on, we're gonna get some sandwiches and then we're going to the parade."

harry smiled and clapped his hands, wrapping his arms around louis before louis shook him off and got out of the bed. "you're the perfect size to cuddle, please?" louis shook his head and got back to his closet, pulling out a white sweater and a pair of black jeans, showing it to harry who shook his head in disappointment. "i've got two rainbow shirts for us." louis groaned but nodded, wanting to not upset harry.

"i'm wearing something over it. like a denim jacket! oh my god, i've got this one that'd be perfect." he looked through his clothes and found the light blue, gigantic denim jacket with rolled up sleeves and he quickly showed it to harry, who nodded in approval.

"the shirts are my size, so it'll be gigantic on you," harry spoke, going through his backpack and taking two of them out and throwing one at louis, who took his sweater off almost immediately and put the shirt on, reaching further than mid thigh and making harry laugh cutely, walking over to louis in his black tank and boxer briefs and hugging him. "you're such a huggable little thing when you're in big clothing!" harry smiled and louis rolled his eyes, pulling out of the way too tight hug and wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

louis grabbed his denim jacket and harry threw on his shirt and his jeans from yesterday while louis put his own on and harry wanted to hug him because he looked like the tiniest little thing with the cutest clothes. "hey, i know i said we wouldn't talk about it- but i, i just wanna say-" he walked over to harry and smiled, making harry smile too. "thank you for helping me calm down."

and he hugged harry, willingly. and harry was nearly surprised when he felt louis' hair ruffle against his chin. "it was nothing." and louis knew he was lying and harry also knew he was lying but that didn't matter, it mattered that harry calmed him down and made him feel secure, not how much effort was put into it. "let's get going, okay? button up your jacket and we'll go to subway."

louis sniffled and nodded. "is my hair okay?" harry laughed while he looked down at louis and nodded gladly.

"perfect."

----

as soon as they were at subway, harry was rambling on about what he wanted to eat and louis was clenching his stomach because fuck, this boy wanted a lot of food. they went in line and while harry was talking about how he wanted a foot long with some much shit on it that louis thinks he's gonna be sick.