xxxiii

"how about you leave?" harry pinched his own nose and looked at louis frustratedly while louis felt like crying, biting his lip, and harry was so extreme angry at him.

this wasn't one of their stupid fights, this was a literal fight. about how louis was sad because his parents weren't there anymore and he misses his dad and about how he wants his old ways back. harry first went gentle, stroking his hair while louis talked on and on, saying, "s'okay now, baby. everything's okay. we're one big family now." and louis kept going in on him and at one point, harry snapped.

"isn't this good enough for you, then?! we have done everything to make you feel at home and you're still complaining!" and louis had already been biting back his tears then, because he's never seen harry this angry and he's scared and afraid and he wants to sit down and cry but he promised. he promised that there would be no crying.

"it's not that, hazza! it's just that i miss my dad- you know that you'd be sad if anne passed away!" and it came out more snappy than he could have imagined it being and harry had pinned him up to the wall in frustration, holding him by his collar and louis wanted to die because he's been in this situation too many times. "stop- haz, please don't." and harry didn't.

of course he wouldn't. he put louis down and that's when he said it. "why don't you just leave already?! if you're so unhappy with what we've given you, why don't you appreciate it?" and louis looked up at harry and he couldn't help some tears from spilling.

"i do appreciate it, harry, baby, i do-" and louis stared at harry, who had his lips pursed together, staring down at the small boy. "you have to believe me. harry- don't make me leave. i've gotten so used to you- don't want to leave." and more tears sprung into his eyes and he sank to the floor.

"don't call me that anymore, don't call me baby." and louis thinks his heart just shattered because this was like a fucking breakup for two people that aren't even together. "please get out if you're only going to complain and break promises."

"harry, stop this! this isn't like you, i know you! you love feeling protected and small around me, you love me calling you baby, you love me! hell, harry you love me more than i love myself and i don't want you to think that i am ungrateful for any of this at any time!" and he stared up at harry again, tears now streaming down his face while harry bit his lip and fuck, louis looked innocent and sad and harry wanted nothing more than to kiss him.

and harry kneeled down in front of louis and he put an arm on his shoulder, giving him the smallest smile. "i do love you, i do like to feel protected. but i don't like when people tell me my family doesn't work hard enough for them. so therefor, you can leave."

and applause.

and the teacher was even applauding because he had tears in his eyes and the people all around them stood up and clapped and harry wiped louis' tears with his thumb and shakily kissed his forehead to show him he didn't mean any of it, holding louis' hand as he got up and bowing for the audience.

and there was something about feeling louis' hand inside of his that made him uneasy, but he wasn't quite sure how to describe it. "love you," harry whispered against louis' ear.

"me too." and louis looked up at harry, smiling softly while the teacher came up to them.

"great, great, great! amazing job boys, especially for an improvisation!" their drama teacher had this natural gay shine on him and harry once walked in on him snogging another man yet he still claims to be straight and just experimenting. "and louis here event had real tears, this was amazing boys, try to elaborate on the script and you'll be set for your play next week." they were having a fucking 'have fun in senior year' sort of thing at the end of the school year, which was in a week, mind you that louis is still very unprepared for senior year and also very tiny for an upcoming senior.