Chapter six Bad News

Chapter six

Bad News

“Saige,” said Archer as we lounged out on the rocks, enjoying the sun down by the river.

“What?” I replied, my hands behind my head and my eyes closed.

“What are humans like?”

I sighed. “Different.”

“How so?” Archer tossed a rock across the clearing.

Opening my eyes, I rolled onto my side and looked over at him. “Why do you care?”

“I was just wondering. You don’t have to act like a bitch about it.”

I couldn’t help but laugh. He was pouting and was damn cute doing it. “You planning on living with the humans anytime soon.”

His eyes grew big. “Hell no. I’m staying right here.”

A smirk spread across my face. “Are you scared of them?”

“No!” he snapped. “Why in hell would I be scared of them? They’re small, weaker, and-and they’re just stupid.” He turned away from me.

I could stop the smile on my face from growing bigger. “Archer, it’s completely understandable if you are. When my parents told me I’d be going to a human school I was scared at first. They’re strange creatures. They don’t live by our laws or have instincts.”

“See exactly.” Archer sat up and faced me. He saw my smirk and started to glare. “You manipulative bastard.”

I clasped my chest and pretend to be hurt. “It’s true though I was scared of humans.”

“No you weren’t. You’re almighty Saigon,” he mocked. 

I shrugged and slipped off the rock. “True I am now, but at the time I was thirteen and not a fully grown werewolf.”

Archer shot up. “I’m nineteen!” he snapped at me.

I just laughed to myself. “Are you planning on growing anytime soon?” I teased.

“You’re such a jerk.” He launched himself off the rocks and knocked me to the ground.

I let him try to wrestle me awhile and think he was winning before easily flipping him over and sitting on his chest. 

“Get off, you weight a ton!” He pushed on my legs.

“I thought you wanted to fight.”

“It’s not a fair one, and we both know that. So get off.” He tried to twisted his body out from under me.

I leaned over him and brushed his hair to the side. “But you look so cute fighting so hard to get away.”

“I’m going to kill you,” he muttered as he managed to flip to his stomach and was clawing at the dirt to get away.

Not moving, I just laughed. He was adorable, not to mention I was really enjoying the view. 

“When did you get so damn huge,” he growled as inch by inch he squirmed out form under me. 

“The humans did it to me,” I teased. “My grandpaents pumped me full of their secret human food and now I’ll just be freakishly huge forever.”

“I’m going to punch you once I get up.” 

I grabbed his arm and pinned him to the ground. “Then I better not let you get up.” Laying my body over him, I had him completely trapped.