Chapter three: The Competition

Chapter three

The Competition 

“Hey!” 

I looked over my shoulder to see Archer standing there. 

“Didn’t you hear me yelling at you?” He sat down on the ledge and dangled his leg into the water. “So the guys got your tail in a twist about today.”

“Shut up.” I slipped deeper into the water. “I’ll show everyone tomorrow. I’m not going to let a stupid deer get the best of me.” I snuck a peek at him, or brown wolves.

“I guess you haven’t grown into the pretty little coat yet,” he teased.

I snatched his leg and yanked him into the water. 

Archer went under and came up spurting water. “What the hell was that for?” he coughed as he wiped the water out of eyes.

I shrugged and rested my arm up on the ledge. “No reason really.”

He splashed a wave of water at me. “Just because you’re bigger, don’t let it go through your head.” Climbing out, he made sure to shake water onto me.

“Thanks,” I muttered before slipping under the water. 

Archer didn’t realize how cute he looked dripping wet and mad. He may be a dominant but he wasn’t very intimidating. Muttering to himself, he marched off. I glanced over my shoulder and couldn’t help but smile. I quickly turned forward and dunked myself under. This wasn’t going to work. I was stupid to even think I could just show up and Archer would throw himself in my arms. That boy was never going to agree to be my sub. Hell, he a year older than me. Not only would have to go against nature to be my sub, but it would be to a younger wolf.

I just laid there for some time, staring at the wall, thinking over the situation. I got someone’s scent in the air and turned to see Raven, with a towel hugged to his chest. 

He smiled at me. “Hi, Saigon.” Walking up to the waterfall, he put down his towel and bag. 

I drifted over to him. “Freshening up for Jagger?” I raised my eyebrows with a smirk.

Raven tucked his hair behind his ear and nodded. 

“Still the same old Raven,” I breathed, sitting back against the rocks. 

Raven got undressed before easing into the water. He took out one of the bottle of soap and started to wash his arms. 

“What happened to your hair? I thought you’d never cut it.”

The sub bowed his head. “It happened during the competition. A man did it to me.”

I could see my cousin was getting upset. Moving over, I patted his shoulder. “I didn’t mean anything by it. It still looks good. I bet Jagger doesn’t care either.”

“I’m going to grow it back out.” The sub’s shoulder shagged. “Even though he doesn’t say, I think he liked it better before.”

“I don’t think so,” I said, shaking him lightly. “The man can barely keep his hands off you, which makes things rather awkward for the rest of us.”

Raven smiled, before going back to washing his hair. He shifted soon after and went to work scrubbing his fur. 

“You turned into a beautiful wolf.” It was hard for me to believe that the small scared little boy who had followed after us when we were little had turned into this white creature. Even though Raven was a couple years older, I would always think of him as a little brother and was really happy that Jagger had taken the sub as a mate. Met I didn’t have to threaten anyone life if they hurt my cousins.