Chapter Four

Libby's eyes opened when faint light began pouring in through her window. Glancing at her alarm clock, she realized that she had nearly 45 minutes more to sleep. Rolling over and attempting to drift back off, she soon realized it was useless. Shutting off the alarm, she rolled out of bed and forced herself to make the cold journey across the hallway and into the even colder bathroom.

Stripping off her night garments, she turned on the water,  wishing to wash away her tiredness. After stepping into the steam, Libby allowed the scorching water  to relax all the muscles tensed throughout her body. She shampooed and shaved, leaving her body feeling ready for the day.

The red headed girl got dressed when she finished showering and was ready to begin hair and makeup when she glanced at the clock. 6:15 am. She internally groaned. Why was she so anxious today? Her face immediately heated. She knew the answer, she couldn't wait to see Indigo.

All the way through breakfast and gathering her belongings for school, Libby constantly looked at the clock waiting for the moment it would be okay for her to jump in her car and head to school. Though the waiting killed her, she managed to keep her nerves under control.

Finally, as she pulled up to the school at quarter to seven, Libby forced herself to relax. That is until she saw a very attractive, and very poised Indigo enter the building. "You can't allow your giant lesbian crush to get in the way of becoming friends with her." Libby's insides screamed.

Its not like Libby saw much of Indigo during the school day. Occasionally they saw each other and gave a small wave or smile. It wasn't until the final bell rang at the end of the day that they actually had a full conversation. After not too discretely stalking Indigo at her locker, Libby offered Indigo a ride to the ice rink.

Indigo graciously accepted and soon they were on their way across town. "So," Libby started, "How was your day?"

Indigo nodded, "It was fine, you know, average," She stuttered.  Libby smiled to herself.

"What is your favorite class?" Libby glanced over at Indigo, who was unconsciously biting her nails.

Indigo lowered her hand from her mouth, "Um, probably choir, just because of the music aspect of it." Libby nodded.

"So you really like music?" Indigo's eyes lit up.

"Yes, I love music. Its so amazing how the beats and different instruments and words can be put together in such a way. It just makes me feel so good inside."

Libby glanced over at Indigo once more and took in how she looked. Her hair was slightly messy, falling out of its ponytail at the top of her head. Her baby hairs framed her face in a way that made her even more stunning. Her pale face and little button nose made her gorgeous.

Libby forced air into her lunged and willed her heart rate to return to normal. Indigo seemed to notice this and sat almost uncomfortably. The silence grew for a reason that neither of the girls was willing to admit.

They finally pulled into the rink's parking lot and they both gathered their necessities and headed inside. Libby headed upstairs to click in and begin her shift while Indigo entered the locker room to change for her practice.

After a seemingly long amount of time, indigo glanced at the time. 5:30. She groaned to herself. Usually practice went by super fast but today was different.

Upstairs, Libby worked endlessly cleaning the booths for an upcoming event. Scrubbing the glass, she allowed her mind to wonder to the delicate girl floating on the ice below. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't get the thoughts out of her head, so why not let them stay for a while longer?

Libby wanted nothing more than to he able to hold the girl and kiss her. Albeit, with only the limited knowledge that the red headed girl knew about Indigo, she wasn't sure wether to make a move.

Libby would hate to ruin the blossoming friendship after all.

When the day's work was done, Libby cleaned up her tools and ventured downstairs to meet up with Indigo. They exchanged nods and Indigo entered the locker room. Libby grabbed Indigo's bags and put them in the car before starting it and beginning the heat. Thought it was only fall, the cold was already begging to creep in.

Indigo finally exited the building and jumped in the passenger seat. She pulled her jacket more tightly around her and Libby laughed. "Cold?" She asked.

Indigo looked at her with her big eyes, "Why, yes."

Libby tried to keep her emotions under control. "Indigo, can I tell you something?"

Indigo looked confuse but shrugged, "Sure, why not?"

"We are friends, right?" Libby glanced at Indigo to see her nodding, "and friends tell each other things?" Again a slight nod. "Well the thing is, I'm a lesbian."

Libby held her breath, waiting for s reaction out of the girl. "Soooo..." Indigo finally drew out.

Libby's breath caught in her throat, and her heart pounded, "So what?" She questioned.

"What does it matter, you're still my friend. As long as you don't try to, you know..." Libby's heart swelled than sunk. She tried not to show emotion. "Hit on me."

"I just wanted to tell you," she said.

"Thank you," Indigo sighed. "I'm glad you trust me."

Libby sat in silence wondering if she really did just mess everything up.

They finally reached Indigo's house and before the girl could leave Libby stopped her. "Hey before you leave, I have a question. Can I call you Indy?"

A smile spread across the girls face and her nodded enthusiastically, "Of course."

Indy slammed the door and waved before she ducked into her house, but alone in the car, Libby sat feeling alone and stupid, wishing she never would have said anything.

She hopped her confession may bring one out of Indigo but she was wrong, and now she may have to pay the price.

***

My poor babies!

I'm sorry, I know it's late. Blah blah blah

I love you,

-M