(Chapter 9)

"You can take the bed" Stephan tells me. All of the drivers stay in a specific hotel as I've been told. Monroe and Stephan have one room together as they are team mates. Monroe is currently in the shower, Stephan was going to go in but Monroe beat him to it.

"It's ok, I'll take the floor. You've got a big day tomorrow, you need to get all the rest you can" I inform him. He scratches the back of his head and looks at me with an apologetic look on his face.

"I'm so sorry. I'm a gentlemen, I would never let a girl sleep on the floor knowing she can sleep on the bed" He says very fast making me laugh. He laughs out as well and shrugs.

"It's ok, I understand" I tell him. They already dropped my suitcase off to the room so right now I was just going through it trying to find my pyjamas. Stephan was just sitting on the bed scrolling through his phone. "Do you mind if I ask you a question?" He looks at me with his beautiful face and nods his head innocently.

"Why don't you have Instagram?" I ask. Stephan only has Twitter and that's all.

"Well...I guess I'm not a big fan of posting pictures" He tells me. "Why, do you have Instagram?" He asks.

"Guilty as charged" He lets out a chuckle and goes back to scrolling through his phone. Seconds later, Monroe comes out of the bathroom wearing a black t-shirt and plain blue shorts. He looks over at me and smiles widely.

"Hello Alicia, you can go in there if you want now" He tells me.

"Oh um Stephan's going to go in there first" I tell him.

"If you want you can go" Stephan says. I shake my head as a no.

"It's ok. You can go; you guys need to sleep early as well. Just go ahead, I'll wait" Monroe lets out a aww sound and pinches Stephan's cheek.

"That's so cute. Right now Stephan should be saying this stuff to you but instead you're saying it to him. This is so adorable" He claps his hands together like a little girl making me laugh to myself.

"Just shut up" Stephan says directly to Monroe before turning to me and saying "Are you sure that I can go first?"

"One hundred percent" Stephan stands up from the bed and gives my head a little pat before walking into the bathroom with his clothes. He shuts the door behind him leaving me and Monroe alone.

"So Alicia, I would love to know much more about you" He plops down onto Stephan's bed while looking at my face.

"What else do you want to know about?" I ask while pushing my suitcase underneath the bed.

"Stephan kind of told me that your boyfriend was a prick, but he never told me the entire story" Monroe states. Getting up from the ground I sit on the bed and cross my legs.

"He's more than just a prick" Resting my head against the headboard I tell him the entire story. The whole time Monroe stays quiet until I tell him who hit me with their car. He was very surprised that Stephan was the one who hit me because outside of Formula One Stephan is a very safe driver.

"You deserve someone better than that prick. You know, I can't exactly say that you'll move on from what's happened but what I can say is that you'll find happiness further along. Don't give up" He says. Reaching over he taps my hand gently, I give him a small smile.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Course"

"Did you hate Stephan when he first came to Formula One?" Monroe starts laughing and sits up straight.

"Funny story, I did actually hate him" He informs me. I had a feeling, the media did say that Monroe was agitated that this new driver a.k.a. Stephan thought he knew everything.