(Chapter 5)

Chapter 5- 

Looking around all I saw were cameras, cameras and cameras by the entrance of the hotel. This is exactly what I needed I knew coming with Stephan would be a big mistake. He’s famous and the last thing I want right now is to be on the covers of the sports magazines. Looking over at Stephan he must have noticed by nervousness.

“Alicia it’s going to be ok” He told me as he took of his seat belt so he could lean a little closer to me. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath and tried to ignore how loud my heart was pounding in my chest. “Come on. I promise you that I won’t let them take a picture of you or anything like that” Opening my eyes I searched into his blue ones to see if he was telling the truth but no exact emotion was being shown from him.

“I…I trust you. It’s just….I don’t want to deal with paparazzi right now. Especially after my father’s funeral” I tell him.

He gave me a small smile and started to look around his car. His eyes seemed to gleam as a smile spread across his face reaching for something in the back seat. Keeping my eyes focused on him I didn’t manage to see what he had taken from the back. However he came back and handed me a pair of sunglasses. Looking at him and back at the sunglasses I raised my eyebrow hoping for an answer.

“Wear it on. They won’t recognise you” He told me precisely. Looking back down at the sunglasses and at him I didn’t know whether this object was enough to protect me from them men out there. “Come on Alicia. You can trust me on this. I promise you” He said making his voice go low, sighing I put them on and replied back by giving him a small smile. He smiled himself in satisfaction of my decision. “You ready?” He asked me.

Looking at him and out the window I nodded my head. I’m not really ready but I can do this, they can’t harm me anyway. Opening the door to the car all of the paparazzi turned around and noticed that Stephan was coming towards me. They started to run like animals that wanted to have their prey and began to take pictures of me and Stephan. Stephan had put his arm around my waist causing my breath to hitch. If I wasn’t surrounded my paparazzi and nothing in my life was screwed up I would have screamed like the fan girl I was but all seemed to happen was me to go all hot from the inside making my legs to feel like jelly but it was a good thing that Stephan was holding my weight with his arm around me.

“Stephan are you nervous about the qualifying this Saturday?”

“Is this your girlfriend?”

“How are things going in your life?”

“I heard you’ve been cruising and spending your days at the beach?”

They all yelled several questions at Stephan who pretended like he couldn’t hear them as he was steering me towards the entrance of the hotel but I found it hard to see as they were all blocking my way. Putting my head down I started to block out all of the boyfriend and girlfriend questions.

“What’s your girlfriend’s name Stephan?”

Someone asked. I felt Stephan’s warm hand that was on my waist tightening around my shirt that was protecting me from the harsh wind that was in the air.

“Look can you please move out of my way!” He yelled loudly at all of them.

They still took pictures but started to clear the entrance for us. Once they all moved to the side Stephan quickly speed walked the both of us to the entrance of the hotel and opened the door making me go in first them himself. Taking a deep breath I took the sunglasses of my face and saw Stephan taking a deep breath himself as well. Sympathy covered his face as he walked over to me.